Thursday, October 11, 2012

10 Things Linking

I've seen this before on some blogs and I thought now would be a good time to do it.  I've picked up some new followers since having Carter join our family and I know most of them don't know very much about me, hence this post.  Here are 10 things you may not know about me (non-baby related) along with a link to a previous blog post explaining it:

  1. I am currently in the process of reading the Bible front to finish.  I started out reading random books but then decided to go chronologically.  I literally finished I Samuel this morning and will start II Samuel tomorrow.  I read a chapter every day before work.  No link to this one by the way.  It’s on my 101 list to read 33 books of the Bible so until I get to 33 there won’t be a post for it.
  2. Almost 10 years ago, I should have lost my life.  I was in an extremely bad car accident on the interstate and my car flipped 6-8 times (per the police report - this is what witnesses said; I was unconscious and don't remember).  My entire car was absolutely destroyed as was everything inside the car, except for me and my cross hanging from the rearview mirror that was still on the mirror and perfectly intact.  Totally a God thing.  From that day in 2004, my life changed forever and I rededicated my life to Christ because He spared me.  I blogged about it here
  3. My hair has been every color under the sun, I assure you.   Again, no link for this one.  My hair experimenting days were during college and pictures weren’t taken using digital cameras until the end of college so I don’t really have anything I can link to.
  4. I don't really drink.   Not because I'm against it per se, but I really and truly don't like many alcohols at all.  Even though there are some that I like, I still just don't really drink.  Every now and again I'll have a Smirnoff Ice or some equally fruity drink but it really is a blue moon when that happens.  I am forever a DD :)  No link for this one either.  Not sure what I would link to with this one anyway.
  5. I make a to-do list for everything.  I think it’s the accountant in me.  I can’t do the simplest of functions without a to-do list.  Again, no linking…clearly I should have picked different items to put on this top 10 list.
  6. I’m a dancer at heart.  I took dance when I was a kid, but the true dancer in me didn’t come out until middle school.  I became obsessed with it.  I was on my middle school dance team, my high school dance team and my college dance team.  I still love dancing to this day, but don’t do it as much as I’d like.  I also did a “Flashback Friday” post on dance team (I should really pick those posts back up again).  You can see pictures and even videos here.
  7. I don’t think there’s anyone in the world that loves Christmas as much as me.  Seriously.  I listen to Christmas music on pandora almost year round.  The second that 96.5 starts playing Christmas music on the radio, it is permanently on that station in my car.  I start decorating right before Thanksgiving and always go crazy on presents.  My co-workers ALWAYS make fun of me because of my Christmas obsession.  When I was pregnant with Carter, I even had a Christmas themed baby shower.  See that post here.   
  8. My husband and I are intense travelers.  Travel has slowed a bit due to Carter, but we’re still travelers.  One day Carter will come places like this with us and we are so looking forward to that.  We usually always have some big trip planned (we’re big planners) at any given time.  Right now, we are planning something for next December.  Carter will be 2 and I’ll feel a lot more comfortable leaving him for longer than a couple of days.  We’re thinking of going back to Europe to hit up some places we’ve always wanted to go like Barcelona, Sweden and Paris.  But then again, we both really want to go to Australia too.  We’ll figure it out closer to time.  Here’s my favorites trips:
    1. Africa - we went to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and go on a safari in the Serengeti
    2. Rome/London trip (I was 7 weeks pregnant during this trip, so for me it was MISERABLE - It was planned before we knew we were pregnant)
    3. Amsterdam (this was actually part of the Africa trip, but since it’s a separate city and we LOVED Amsterdam, it get’s its own number in the top 5)
    4. Hawaii - I mean, I can’t even explain how much fun we had on our honeymoon to Hawaii.  It was incredible.  Enough said.  See the posts for all the things we did.
    5. Cozumel - we went on a cruse with 2 other couples and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!
  9. I look at my blog stats pretty frequently.  Obviously you can’t see who is looking at your profile, but you can see what posts are getting the most views.  For some reason, the post on my blog that has gotten the absolute most views BY FAR is this one.  I have no idea why.  Nothing at all whatsover significant about it.  But it has almost 800 views as of today.  This is a good 200 views ahead of 2nd place, which is my labor and delivery pictures post, which shockingly gets a good 15-20 views a day.  Weird.
  10. When I whistle, I inhale instead of exhale.  I had no idea most people exhaled until I was in college.  I’ve tried numerous times to whistle that way, but I’ve never been able to.  This has come up in conversation a lot ever since that “Whistle” song by Flo-Rida came out.  Obviously no linking for this one either, just a fun fact.

So there you go.  That’s just a little bit about me that new followers may not have known :)

5 comments:

Joy said...

Okay, #10 - we are just alike, except I whistle both ways. It's like I never stop when I swap back and forth. LOL Weird, I know. HAHA, I think tacky Christmas parties are hilarious... even though we've never been to one (just seen pictures). And we are decorating our new house for Christmas the first weekend of Nov. Crazy? Maybe, but that's the only time my best friend could come help me! =) LOVE the list, and of course since I'm your newest blogger, this was very helpful for me!

Have a good one!

Jenny Strickland said...

That is awesome that you are reading the Bible front to back!

Reading about that wreck is so scary! But amazing at the same time! God is good!

People laugh at me too because I love Christmas so much! Christmas music just puts me in a GOOD mood!

HAHAHA! That post about the tacky Christmas party is so funny! I wish I could go to one! Maybe I need to plan one!

Renee said...

#4 - Me too! I don't like many alcoholic drinks, and I really think drunk people are stupid. I will have one once in a while, but I honestly can't remember the last time I drank, and I don't miss it at all. I prefer chocolate!

Fiona said...

So fun to read this list!! :)

Gosh, that crash you were in sounds so scary. I am glad you were okay!

I love your love of Christmas!!! :) Look forward to seeing photos of your decorations once they are up.

henning love said...

wow what a scary accident, praise God for saving you! it is strange sometimes the posts that are the most viewed and we didn't think it would that specific one at all!

Archive