Thursday, December 29, 2011

Introducing…

Carter Gordon Morris

December 28, 2011 at 4:45pm

7lbs, 11oz

20 1/2 inches

DSC_3636bw

DSC_3654bw

He is perfect in every way.  He opens his eyes all the time.  He loves to hear people’s voices, but he particularly loves to hear his momma’s voice and doesn’t really like being too far away from her (and I absolutely love that about him).  He has barely cried since he was born.  He feeds incredibly well, usually latching on within the first two tries.  He doesn’t mind being passed around from person to person.  Within 5 hours from birth, he had the following songs sung to him:

  • Baby Got Back
  • Red Solo Cup
  • I’m Sexy and I Know It
  • Ice Ice Baby
  • Happy Birthday

Again, he doesn’t really care what he’s hearing so much, but just LOVES to hear people talk.  He met the following people on his birthday:

  • Mommy and Daddy
  • Nana and Grandpa Gordon (Justin’s parents and Carter’s namesake)
  • Gigi (my mom)
  • Pops (my dad)
  • Cici (my sister Lindsey)
  • Aunt Jen, both of them (both my sister and Justin’s sister are named Jennifer)
  • Great grandma and grandpa Skelton (Justin’s grandparents)
  • Don Cross (our pastor at St. Mark UMC)
  • Miss Lindsey (my bff of 17 years, Lindsey Owens)

I had a VERY EASY labor and a VERY HARD delivery.  I’ll go into more detail on that later.  Of course, my precious boy was worth every painful moment, but needless to say, momma could use some prayers for healing.  I’ve heard people say that having a child is like your heart walking around outside your body.  You have no idea how true that is.  I didn’t think I could love another man as much as I love my husband (who by the way, deserves MAJOR props for his part in delivery), but my son is a close second.  God created me specifically for these two men.  They are my world and I thank God for them both.  We’re a family now and I couldn’t be happier.  I’ll update tomorrow on Day 2 with little man, but figured this was enough for now.  I wanted to write some of this down before I lose these memories.  Lindsey Owens was the only non-family member (though really after 17 years of friendship, she’s pretty much my 3rd sister) that I wanted at the hospital tonight since my delivery was so difficult and I was in a lot of pain still, so I’m waiting until tomorrow (Thursday) for all of our friends to come see him.  I can’t wait for him to meet all the people that will have such an influence on his precious life.

9 comments:

Lindsey Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey Scott said...

Congratulations Marcie. He is precious! He is so alert and bright eyed! Praise God! I hope you have a good recovery. Enjoy every minute with your little one!

Unknown said...

He is adorable and you, my friend, are officially my idol! God speed in your healing!

Christina said...

He is adorable! Congratulations!

stephanie said...

!!!!!! :) :) :)

The Langham's said...

He is perfect. Congratulations!

Brenna Langham said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! He is a beautiful child. I can't wait to hear more from you about everything. Enjoy your family though!

Jenny Strickland said...

Congratulations! He is precious! I will be praying for you and your healing!

Melissa said...

Congrats! He's absolutely beautiful! Hope the healing process is going well!

Archive