Monday, October 22, 2012

#28 and Carter Goes to the Petting Zoo

This weekend was a pretty low key, yet still busy weekend in the Morris household.  Justin came back from Walton, NY (no idea where that is) on Thursday.  On Friday, he kept Carter while I worked because his mom was out of town and my mom had to work.  I ended up leaving work a bit early to take over baby duty so that he could help our friends Tiffany and Trevor move into their new house.  He was there most of the night and didn’t get home until late so it was just me and C-man Friday night. 

Saturday morning I had to wake up early to run the Race for the Cure.  Running this race and NOT breaking any bones was number 28 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days.  I should further explain for my new readers.  See, I run the Race for the Cure every year...well, I have for the past 5 years anyway.  This is with the exception to last year when I was about 7 months pregnant, so I walked the race instead of running.  See picture below of me and Tiff during that race (don’t think I ever posted this).  I was 7 months pregnant and she may have been about 7 weeks…I didn’t even know she was pregnant at the time!!

flowers 832

In 2010, while I was running, I fell.  A bad fall too.  I ended up fracturing my ankle bone in a couple of places as well as my elbow.  You can read about it and see pictures of me in the hospital here.  Needless to say, this explains the “NOT break any bones” part of the goal.  

I was actually supposed to run this race with about 5 girlfriends but all of them ended up having conflicts so I ran all by my lonesome.  Over 14,000 people ran and I got there late so I was in the BACK…and I mean BACK of the line…like it took a good 2 minutes for me to cross the start line.  My watch was messing up so I don’t have an exact time, but when I finished, the clock said 32:43 and like I said, I know it was at least 2 minutes before I even crossed the starting line so I’m very confident I did the 3.11 miles somewhere between 30 and 31 minutes.  It may have been even less if I didn’t have to dodge in and out of people at the beginning…seriously guys if you intend to walk a race that big, get in the back of the line.  Let the runners through!! 

Regardless, I am extremely happy with my time.  Mommas out there know how hard it is to find time to exercise even as a stay at home mom, but add on top of that a mom that works full time AND  a mom whose husband is out of town almost every week leaving me to do all the childcare and house cleanup and cooking without help.  It’s no wonder I have no time to go for a run!  In the past three weeks, I ran one time around my neighborhood and it ended up being a 1.85 mile run.  During the race, I did had to walk one time, but it was only for about 30 seconds.  But most importantly, I didn’t fall and break any bones :)

photo13

The Giz wanted in the picture :)  Oh and fun side note - You can’t really see it in the picture but there’s a huge whole in the right knee of the pants I’m wearing.  That’s from that fantastic spill I took back in 2010.  I figured I should wear the same pants to represent!  And if you like my bright as crap shoes, they’re called Newtons.  Justin and I love these shoes.  LOVE them.  If you’re a runner, invest in a pair.  The ones I’m wearing are all terrain shoes, but they also make some for just street running and just trail running.

Moving on.

So after I got home from running, Justin went to go run at Oak Mountain.  He’s training for a 3 day race that is this weekend.  It’s about 20 miles each day.  One day is at Ruffner Mountain, one day is at Red Mountain and the last day is at Oak Mountain.  While he was running, he called me and asked me if I wanted to bring Carter up there and we could all meet up at the petting zoo in the park.  Now, this petting zoo ain’t nothing special.  Just a bunch of donkeys and goats that you can pet.  There are sheep too, but they rarely let you pet them.  We’ve taken Carter to the zoo before but he couldn’t see the animals when they were that far away so we figured he may like the petting zoo better.  And he did.

photo10photo11

He really like the donkeys.  He thought it was so funny!

I did figure out how to make the video take up the whole screen, I just have to take the video on my phone sideways, which I’ve been doing.  I just forgot this time.  Sorry!

photo4

LOVE my family :)

photo5photo6

Carter loves to take people’s sunglasses off their head.  He finds it hilarious for some reason.  And excuse the dot in his right eye.  When Boo Boo sucks his thumb (his right thumb) his right index finger usually stays straight which means he ends up scratching his eye and leaving cuts there.  I’m having to stay on top of the nail cutting because of this.

photo8

Love my boy.  And maybe it’s just our family that sees him all the time, but myself along with Justin and my MIL that keeps Carter on a daily basis all feel like he has grown so much over the past month.  He truly looks like SUCH a big boy now and no long my sweet baby :(  Saddens this momma.

photo9

And I couldn’t write another Carter post without putting up a funny picture of his sleeping habits.  The way he sleeps truly cracks us up.  Justin sent me this picture while I was at the grocery store on Saturday.  I can’t imagine that is comfortable on his neck, but he seems to like this strange position!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Awesome job with your run!! :)

Looks like Carter had a great time at the petting zoo! I do notice that he is looking more like a little boy this month. It is crazy how quickly they grow and change.

Alidia is a sunglasses thief too!! :P

Alli and Korey said...

Okay i am in the market for new running shoes so im so glad you posted this!! Are yours the Terra Momentum? I trail run and loveit... But because of time i dont get totrail run as much as street but need a shoe to do both. LOVE the pics of Carter at thepetting zoo,my boys love that place too! Oh, and wanted to add that u really need a BOB jogging stroller, then carter can run w you! The BOB is amazing .... Really amazing, i have the double and run w the little boys 3-4 days a week w them in it and it can even handle trails w/o bouncing ur baby all around : )

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

I love hearing Carter stories - they line up exactly with where Claire is. :)

We call her Boo Boo too. And she's a sunglasses theif. And a contortionist when she sleeps.

These two would be fast friends, I know it.

Archive