Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Favorite Past Posts

I saw this list on a blog a while ago and decided that today, out of complete boredom, I would do it myself. The point is to put your favorite 5 posts that you've made on your blog and then put your favorite 5 posts by your friends (linking all of them to the exact post of course). I'm a HUGE blog reader (especially on days like today when I am not busy at work and am trying to find something to pass the time) and I love reading my friends blogs. So I'll start with my five favorites:

5. I'm Back...But I Wish I Wasn't - This blog post was in July 2008, after I got back from our trip to Colorado. Justin and I along with our fellow travel buddies Bonnie and Andrew went to Colorado to climb Mount Elbert, the highest mountain in the state of Colorado, as well as visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. To this day, Elbert is the most difficult climb I've ever done (that statement will only hold true until December 2010 when we climb Kilimanjaro in Africa) and it was also my favorite. When you're at 14,000 feet and you have a 360 degree view of the Rockies, well, it's an understatement to say that all your worries drift away. It is by far one of my favorite trips we've ever taken.

4. Soon To Be Mrs. Morris - This one is kind of obvious. This is the post I did when Justin and I got engaged. Because we're travel junkies, Justin wouldn't allow such a huge event to happen in Birmingham, so we traveled to New Orleans. It was such an awesome weekend.

3. Our Wedding - Another kind of obvious one. We got married on July 25, 2009. This post is really just our wedding day in pictures, not so much words. In fact, oh wow...I don't have a blog post of me accounting for the details of our wedding day. Crap!! Might have to do something about that. Anyway, get ready to marvel at how amazing my wedding photographer is. She's based out of Los Angeles now though. Sorry southern ladies!

2. 101 in 1,001 - One would think this would be number one on my list because I blog about it so much, but I like my number one below much better. Like the caption on the right side of my blog says, my list is of 101 things to do in 1,001 days. My wedding photographer had one on her blog and I copied her idea. Ever since then, the 101 list is taking the world by storm. Lots of my friends have started making one and their friends and their friends friends...you know the rest. I highly suggest this, especially if you're OCD like me and get some sick feeling of accomplishment when you scratch something off a list :)

1. A Letter To Me - I wrote this a long time ago after hearing the Braid Paisley song "Letter To Me" and was inspired to blog about it. In ten years, it's going to be awesome to look back at this and that's why it's my number one favorite blog post!

So now, onto my favorite blog posts of my friends. This time it's in no particular order because I seriously love all of these!!! And also, there are six instead of five because the Lobdell's and the Willimason's both had more than one posts that I liked.

1. Race Report from Garrett and Lauren - Lauren has been one of my very best friends for 14 years. We were inseparable in high school and she was the one that got me to start blogging. She lives in Seattle now, so I never get to see her. Although, I got to see her this week because she was in town and I'll see her next month because Justin and I are going to visit them for a long weekend. Lauren made a goal to run her very first half-marathon and this is the post she did after she ran it. I've been struggling with running my first half. I tried to train for the Mercedes in Birmingham, but my busy season got in the way, then I was going to do the Music City Marathon in my old home in Nashville, but that very weekend our friends had a joint bachelor/bachelorette party, so we couldn't do it. Lauren is my inspiration to run the half and reading this post gets me more inspired each time I read it.

2. First Post from Life with the Lobdell's - Tiffany is one of my very good friends and I am so glad that I met her. Her husband and I went to high school together and Tiff and I pretty much hit it off as friends from the beginning. This post is her very first post as a blogger where she details her wedding. The reason I love this post is because I loved her wedding. Tiffany's wedding was the ONLY wedding, other than mine, that I cried at....TWICE. She likes to give me a hard time about it still. It was the most emotional and heartfelt ceremony I've ever been to.

3. Labor and Delivery from The Williamson's Wonderful World - I love reading Allison's blog. Her husband, Chase, went to high school with Justin and I and was one of Justin's groomsmen in our wedding. They just had a sweet baby girl, Brantley Rae, in January and this is the post Allison did to document the birth. I love how detailed she is in this post! It is something she won't ever want to forget so documenting it as detailed and quickly as possible was her goal. I'm sure that whenever Justin and I get to that point, I'll have to bring a paper and pen with me to write everything down because I am so scatter brained and forget pretty much everything all the time. Allison also did pregnancy posts weekly about what was going on in her belly which I also think is a great idea for moms so that they don't forget. It's also pretty cool whenever you get preggo with your second child to go back and look at what was going on with you during that particular week during your first pregnancy and compare. Pretty cool!!!

4. Letter to 29 from A Bride In Boots - Lillian is one of my favorite people. She is so fun and giddy and always has a huge smile on her face. I met Lillian while I was living in Nashville and she was also one of my bridesmaids. Lillian was hesitant about becoming 30 and this post was a reminder to herself of all the positive things that she has going for her to remind her that age is just a number. Lillian greatly reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. She is probably going to fun and fabulous all the way into her fifties :)

5. Singles Cruise 2009 from Life with the Lobdell's - Tiffany and Trevor along with the other Morris', Sam and Shelly (no relation), and Justin and I went on a cruise to Cozumel in October 2009. We called it Singles Cruise...there's an inside joke behind it of course since we're all married to each other. This was such a fun trip!!! You can also see my post on it here.

6. Guess What from The Williamson's Wonderful World - This is the post Allison did when she was ready to announce their pregnancy. She made a little blue shirt that said "Baby" with an arrow pointing down at her belly and that's how they told their parents. Looking back at this post I thought it was funny that her shirt was blue and she had a girl :) You can tell how excited she was when she announced their pregnancy. She put links to those well known websites that try to predict if you're having a boy or girl. One of them was right and one of them wasn't. I'll have to go back and look at those sites whenever Justin and I start a family.

So those are my faves. Please follow these blogs! They are written by some pretty awesome people :) Sorry there were no pics in this post!

6 comments:

Dr. Heckle said...

That's a good idea. Give your friends some link love and revive some older posts that maybe some of your new readers haven't seen.

Jennifer said...

What a good way to reflect on your last posts. Sometimes I look back on my old ones and wish new people could read them too! Now maybe I will do this too!

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSS> okay, so not gonna lie I immediately went to your engagement/wedding blogs. I am such a sucker for those things. LOVED THEM. justin seems great. and your wedding? GORGEOUS. seriously. the picture of you guys dancing with the lights behind you... yeah. amazing.

I actually made the 101/1001 button myself! i was bored. if you want, I can make you one. I am always bored, haha. glad to have found you and your blog :)

Unknown said...

What a great blog! Um, I'm in Nebraska and our biggest mountain is probably a slope. Or maybe you could trot up California Street in Omaha. That might work. We have a lot of hills.

I'm following you from MBC the Under 100 Club (I think). It's been great seeing all these blogs I would never think to search for. I look forward to your next adventure!

Tina "The Book Lady"
www.familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com

A Bride In Boots said...

Love this and love you. And you KNOW I always love a shout-out. Especially if you're going to draw comparisons to me and Carrie Bradshaw. I'll take it!

Deana said...

Hey! I'm following you from Blog Flow:)

www.momstheglue.blogspot.com

Archive