Tuesday, May 4, 2010

#90 - CHECK!

Number 90 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to purchase some new sunglasses. I typically buy my sunglasses from Target. I have to buy them cheap because I have a slight tendency to lose them frequently. I decided to break down and finally buy some Costas. I chose to purchase the brine series. Justin used to have the brine sunglasses and I borrowed them from him a lot so I already knew I would like them. I was a HUGE fan of the blue mirror lenses for some reason, so I chose those with black frames. I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money, so I went with the 400 series blue mirror lenses. Apparently the 580 is the more expensive lenses so I stayed away from that. This is what I ordered:

Photobucket

And this is what I got:

Photobucket

The obvious difference is the lens color. I was sort of upset when I realized they had shipped the wrong sunglasses....

But then I realized that these lenses are the 580 series. This pair of sunglasses costs over $200. I am so down for keeping these. I like benefiting from someones mistake :)

5 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

BEST money you will ever spend! I got my costa's 2 years ago and they still look new! I love them and would be lost without them!

Unknown said...

I'm secretly glad they made the mistake. In my opinion, those ugly blue lenses are for southern frat boys only. yuck!

Justin and Marcie said...

Hahahaha Lauren. That may have something to do with the fact that my husband is a southern frat boy. Don't be hatin' the south now...remember you came from here ;)

Laura Sue said...

i love the blue lenses too... but since you got a REALLY good deal on them, lol, the 580 series looks so much better now!

Unknown said...

I'm not hating on the south, just the sunglasses lens choice of southern frat boys.

Archive