Friday, September 14, 2012

I’m Sexy and I Know It

IMG00417-20120913-1706

I took this picture yesterday and sent it to Justin and that quote was his response.  Too funny.

Yesterday, I decided to go to Stride Rite in the mall to get Carter fitted for his first pair of shoes.  Now that he pulls up all the time, he’s shown a huge interest in walking and is constantly walking while holding onto something.  He has wanted me to help him walk on the driveway and on the sidewalk in our neighborhood and I figured it was time for shoes because I don’t want his sweet toes to get scraped up on concrete!  On top of that, when we go to the playground, he likes to stand up on the play set and the play set flooring is wired metal with holes in it and I definitely don’t want him to get a toe caught in those holes. 

So we went to the store and got fitted!  He is a size 3 1/2 wide.  My kid has wide feet.  That cracks me up!  Here’s what we got:

BB44752_1_58x58

The store rep put the shoes on him and we let him stand up and play with the mirror and another wall toy they had in the store.  I was so afraid he would be confused and try to take them off.  Apparently a lot of babies that have been barefoot all their lives resist shoes, but Carter just kept playing with the toy and it never phased him that he had shoes on.  He looks so old in them….like a big boy!  Next purchase…jeans.  Fall in the south is in full effect and the weather is INCREDIBLE.  It’s getting pretty cool here.  Next week the highest it gets is 80!  Doesn’t sound very cool but the morning and evening temps are in the low 70’s and high 60’s.  Our golf cart rides are about to consist of pants and long sleeves for both Carter and mommy!

3 comments:

Allison said...

We bought very similar shoes for Noah when he was Carter's age! Loved them!

Fiona said...

haha what a cutie and wow, such a great little stander!! Love the new shoes!!

Stephanie said...

We just got Chloe her first pair of Stride Right shoes (gosh they are pricey) but she looks so darn cute in them. I love the ones you picked out for Carter!

Archive