Monday, September 17, 2012

#47 - CHECK!

Number 47 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to take Carter to the zoo.  My mom and I went to our zoo in Birmingham this past Saturday.  I kind of wish we would have waited until this weekend because this weekend is supposed to be much cooler than it was last weekend.  On Saturday it got up to 86 degrees so we and the little man were pretty hot.  We took our umbrella stroller (first time we’ve used this so far) and packed up any and everything Carter would need and headed to see the animals.

IMGP7547

Not sure if I’ve mentioned it, but teething has caused Carter to pick back up his thumb sucking habit.  It went away for a long time, but he’s started doing it again to make those top gums feel better.

IMGP7554

Mom and I were looking at the bald eagles…not sure what he’s looking at.

IMGP7558IMGP7563

Lovin on some Gigi

IMGP7564IMGP7567

The animals didn’t really faze Carter all that much.  He is obsessed with animals, but some of them were too far away for him to actually see.  I didn’t get a picture of it, but he did try to crawl into the cage with the huge snapping turtles, so I know he saw them ;)

IMGP7568

Man I love those precious eyes!

IMGP7573

Again, not really sure what he’s looking at!

IMGP7575

He was laughing like crazy in the reptile house.  I think it’s because we kept getting in front of air conditioning vents and it felt good to him since it was so hot outside.

And this is how he rode the train pretty much the entire time:

IMGP7581IMGP7585

Not really sure why he looks up at the roof of the train.  He does this in the golf cart all the time too!

I ended up getting a zoo membership just so we have somewhere to take Carter so that he can be outside, which he loves more than anything.  I added my MIL on the membership so that she can take him whenever she wants since she keeps him 5 days a week while I’m working.  I’m hoping that he’ll become more interested as he gets older and understands animals better.  I wore him slap out though.  When we got home, I put him down for a nap and he took over a two hour nap.  On Sunday after church, he took an almost 3 hour  nap.  He hasn’t taken a nap that long in FOREVER!  Now I know what to do if I want him to take a super long nap…ZOO!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

This looks like so much fun!! I love zoos and wish we had one close to hear to take Alidia to. I am sure Carter will love it even more the older he gets! What cute photos. He does have gorgeous eyes! :)

Stephanie said...

I just came across your blog from the lovely lady who commented above me. Your son is adorable! My daughter enjoyed the zoo too, but she especially likes the petting zoo where she can get up a little closer to the animals. If our zoo wasn't so far away we'd get a membership too.

Archive