Monday, September 10, 2012

Baby Divided

Everyone that knows Justin and I knows that we are a house divided when it comes to the fall.  Justin roots for Auburn while I root for Alabama which makes Carter a baby divided :)

Two weekends ago, Carter only wore his AU gear because the Bama game was after his bedtime.  This past weekend he wore both, but I only got pictures when he was in his Bama gear.  We went over to our friends Devin and Mary’s house to watch the games.  We actually didn’t get there until halftime of the Auburn game because Carter decided to take a long first nap.  Carter was in his AU gear and just crawling all over their house pulling up on things and playing with his toys.  He went down for a nap over there and slept for an hour and a half.  It was the fist time we’ve brought his pack and play somewhere and put him down for a nap.  I was so afraid he wouldn’t sleep because he wasn’t familiar with his surroundings but he slept really well!

When he woke up, the Bama game was already one quarter in so I changed him into his Bama outfit and shorts.  We left their house around 6 so that I could get Carter dinner and a bath and put him down for bed.  Of course when we got home, he didn’t want to do any of those things…he wanted to play!

IMGP7517

I truly hope that the books are right and that a baby’s eye color is set at this age.  I would LOVE Carter’s eyes to stay this color!

IMGP7518

I get this look from his daddy pretty frequently.  He looks exactly like Justin and everyone sees it EXCEPT Justin. 

IMGP7528

We are ALL about standing up to play now that he stands up.  I had to go buy him a stand up toy to play with because he’s losing interest in his play mats that he’s had since he was a baby.  He still plays with the piano on the music mat, but we’re pretty much done with the ocean mat.  He never plays with it.

IMGP7536

Sweet happy baby!

IMGP7538

His ability to stand up makes him look like such a big boy to me. 

IMGP7539

I mean, I see the picture above, and all I can think is “where on Earth did my baby that use to love being held in my arms go???”.  He’s growing too fast!

1 comments:

Fiona said...

What a cutie!! Standing up really does make them look so grown up.. I find the same with Alidia. I definitely see his Daddy when comparing with the one of your hubby on the side.

Archive