Monday, September 3, 2012

#91 - CHECK!

Number 91 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to introduce my little munchkin to my long time best friend Lauren.  Lauren lives in Seattle with her husband Garrett so I never get to see her :(  Lauren, myself, and her sister Lindsey have been best friends for almost TWO decades now.  I can’t believe that every time I say it.  Two decades. 

Anyway, Lauren lives in Seattle and her sister lives in Dallas.  Lauren and Garrett moved to Seattle (where Garrett’s from) when they got married in 2006, but Lindsey just now moved to Dallas for work this year.  They were in town all last week because their brother got married in Fairhope, AL.  I saw them at the wedding but Carter wasn’t with me.  Lindsey and their mom came to the hospital when Carter was born and Lindsey has seen him several times since then, but Lauren hasn’t been back in Alabama since he was born so this was her first time to meet him.

IMGP7499

She was feeding him puffs.  His favorite!

IMGP7506

Love that face!!

IMGP7508

After hanging out in the living room for a while watching Carter play, we decided to all take a golf cart ride around the neighborhood.  I was so glad her and Garrett got to meet him.  The next time she’ll be here is at Christmas so he’ll be a year old then.  Another statement I have a hard time believing.  A YEAR OLD. 

I remember when I told Lauren I was pregnant.  As soon as I left our very first ultrasound when we heard the heartbeat, I took a picture of the ultrasound photo with my cell phone and sent it to her via text that said “Hey Aunt Lauren.  See you in December!”.  She called me immediately and said “OMG how dare you tell me that via text!!!!!”.  I just wish I could have seen her face when she saw the text…that may have been priceless.  I don’t think she had any idea Justin and I were even talking about babies yet!  I miss them :(

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you too, my friend!! It's tough living so far apart especially when I only get to see little man every six months, they grow up too fast! Thanks for the golf cart ride and you are a wonderful momma! And yes, when I saw that text it was priceless. I was at my desk and I literally screamed and headed for the door to call you!! Love you!

Archive