Friday, December 2, 2011

36 Week Appointment

I had my 36 week appointment on Wednesday.  Doc didn’t check me because I wasn’t dilated or effaced at all at my 35 week appointment and because I hadn’t been feeling anything at all yet.  I got my Strep B test results back and passed.  YAY for no antibiotics for Carter!  Blood pressure is excellent, weight gain is good and my belly is measuring literally to the day.  My next appointment for 37 weeks is next Thursday, December 8th.  He will check me at that appointment and I have a feeling that by then I may be at least a little dilated.  Yesterday I started feeling a lot of pressure that I’m beginning to think is Carter starting to drop.  A few people told me yesterday at work that he looked like he was dropping because I’m carrying a little lower than I have been.  And the pressure hasn’t really gone away since then.  I feel it probably every couple of hours.  So on Tuesday, I will be FULL TERM!!!  This means that Carter can be born on Tuesday and NOT be considered pre-mature.  However, it’s much more likely that he’ll be born in two weeks-ish.  I’m still feeling he’ll come sometime between December 17-December 22nd.  At those dates, I’ll be between my 38th and 39th week.  I still feel him move ALL THE TIME.  Last night was awful.  I went to sleep at 11pm and of course woke up probably twice to pee, but at 3am I woke up for good and couldn’t go back to sleep.  Literally fell back asleep at 6:15am and my alarm went off at 6:30.  I got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night.  I’m exhausted today.  So there’s my 36 week update.  No major change in symptoms since the 35 week post and my look hasn’t changed either, so no picture is necessary.  Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!

0 comments:

Archive