Monday, December 12, 2011

To My Husband

Two blog posts in a day!!  This makes up for my extreme slacking on the blogging lately, although this post is really for only one person.  Justin.  He has some app on his I-Phone that tells him when blogs he reads have updates, so I know he’ll see this.  Yes, he reads lots of blogs, but mine is the only blog he reads related to “chick stuff” as he would call it.  The other blogs he reads relate to running and mountain climbing.  I felt he not only needed a shout-out from his wife, but that it should be public for all to see so that everyone knows how wonderful he is to me.

Babe,

I don’t even know where to start.  You have been so incredible to me the past 9 months that I tear up when I think about it.  You have been the best husband a wife could ask for and the best dad-to-be to our son, even though he hasn’t been born yet (unfortunately).  I know it hasn’t been a cake walk dealing with the change in my hormones that came with this rollercoaster that is pregnancy, but you’ve handled it remarkably.  I don’t think saying a simple “thank you” is enough in return for all you’ve done for me and I don’t know how else to show you my gratitude other than this.  The past 9 months, but even especially the past month, I could not have done this without you and your help.  You’ve done things that I didn’t even ask you to do, but you just knew they needed to be done so you did them. 

You put together and set up all of Carter’s things for us and I didn’t even have to lift a finger.  Even when I gave you the never-ending list of things to do, you never once complained…no matter how many times I kept adding things to the “closed” list.  You just kept marking them off.  You’ve pretty much cooked every meal for the past month and done dishes and cleaned the kitchen while I did nothing.  You’ve given me massages constantly even though I know you absolutely hate giving massages.  I know that my sleep schedule is wreaking havoc on your sleep schedule too, but you have yet to say a single word about it.  You turn off the TV to go to bed when I say to.  You change the channel when I don’t want to watch what you’re watching.  All because you are being super sensitive to my situation.  It all makes me think about the 5 Love Languages test we took during our marital counseling with Don before we got married.  You know I don’t need gifts or flowers or even a ton of quality time as a way of you telling me that you love me everyday.  I only need you to show me that you love me and you’ve done that…over and beyond done that.  You’ve been there for me emotionally when I needed you to be and have done well over your fair share of helping get our lives and our home ready for Carter all while making sure I’m relaxed in the process.  God made you for me and He made me for you.  I don’t think anyone else could handle either of us which is what makes us so perfect for each other.   

You are such an incredible uncle to the twins.  Every time I watch you play with them, hold them or feed them, I am reminded of how incredible of a dad you’re going to be.  Although I know you don’t need to hear that because like you say, “you’re gonna be awesome at this dad thing”.  I can’t wait to see you with him.  Hearing you talk about the future with him gives me goose bumps.  Taking him to Auburn games, having him do highpoints with you, going camping with him when he’s a boy scout, building an off-road paradise in our backyard for his jeep power wheels that I am absolutely sure he will one day have.  He truly will idolize his daddy.  And I know that watching you fall in love with him is going to make me fall in love with you all over again.  And I can’t wait.

I love you more than you’ll ever know.  And I am more grateful than I will ever be able to express.

P.S. I totally tried to download a ringtone for when you call me.  Remember the 90’s hip hop song that goes “Who dat is?  That’s just my baby daddy.  Who dat is? That’s just my baby daddy.  Who dat is?  That’s just my baby daddy….T-Bird it’s just my baby daddy!”.  Unfortunately they only had the MP3 and not the ring tone.  I may have to just purchase the red solo cup song and call it even.  Loves you.

4 comments:

Brenna Langham said...

What is the app he uses?

Justin and Marcie said...

RSS Reader

Robbie said...

Justin and Marcie- I want to tell you about a website that will let you make that song into a ringtone. I wasn't reading your blog post about Justin, so please don't think I was getting all nosy... I skimmed it and at the end when you were talking about that song- Here is what you do: put the song in your itunes, if you don't already have it. drag it to your desktop. Go to myxertones.com and click make your own. You will need to set up an account, but it's free. Then you click on make your own, select the song from your desktop, and upload it. You can move the bars in the wavelength to select the part you want :) Then you click download and it will send it to Itunes, if you have an Iphone. You tell it what kind of phone you have, so it will tell you what to do to get it :) Hope this helps :)

Jenny Strickland said...

This is super sweet!

And that last part about the ringtone totally cracked me up! Now I have that some stuck in my head!

Archive