Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 14 Weeks

How far along: 14 weeks


Symptoms: Week 14 started my first week in the second trimester. It is totally true that the second trimester feels so much better!! I’m not as tired as I was in the first trimester and not much at all makes me feel sick. I’m doing pretty good right now! The only thing I’ve noticed now is that when I’m standing up or walking around, I really have to pee every 5 seconds, but when I’m sitting down, I’m usually fine for hours. I find this strange.


Maternity Clothes: None yet!! Still using the belly band and wearing lots and lots of dresses and skirts. My goal is to make it to week 18 without having to take that first trip to Motherhood Maternity, but I doubt I’ll make it past 16. The belly grew A LOT in the last two weeks.


Weight Gain: Up to 6 pounds total, which means I gained the pound I was supposed to, plus a half a pound :) Also, on the exercise front, I’m loving swimming. Justin goes to the Y all the time to swim, but I went with him some this week and I love it.


Sleep: Same as usual…good, but interrupted frequently to pee.


Cravings/Aversions: No crazy ones this week to note.


Baby Size: At the beginning of week 14, Won Ton was the size of a lemon. The kidneys are producing urine that is being released back into the amniotic fluid, the same fluid he/she inhales. Gross. Won Ton can also squint and frown and make faces. They do this frequently which is good because he/she is exercising their facial muscles.


14 Weeks-Lemon


Gender: Counting down until we find out!! We’ll definitely know this month!!!


What I Miss: I still kind of miss my brain. My thoughts are one big jumbled mess and I can’t remember the things I tell people vs. things I think that I need to tell people but never actually do. Basically, I can’t be trusted to remember things these days.


What I’m Looking Forward To: 16 week appointment on July 15th.


Bump Pic for the Week:


Bump pic for this week taken at 14 weeks and 6 days (so basically, it’s really a 15 week picture…oh well). You can clearly tell the bump has grown. I’ve had multiple people put their hand out to touch my stomach, something that hadn’t happened before now because it just wasn’t noticeable enough. I try the best I can to cover it up with flowy dresses and bigger shirts, but I know it won’t last long. Eventually there’s gonna be no way to hide it…


IMGP5102


Advice I Need: I don’t really have one specific question I’m looking for an answer to right now, but I would love comments from currently pregnant or previously pregnant women. Tell me anything that you wish you had done differently while pregnant, if you have any regrets like that, or anything that you didn’t know at the time but wish you would have. Basically any fun helpful advice, the kind no one tells you about because they don’t think it’s significant enough!

2 comments:

Heather, David and Delaney! said...

You look so cute! I think my advice is probably not very useful because from the sounds of your post you are watching the food and weight gain. Of course you want to gain all the weight the baby needs, but I didn't watch anything I ate and gained way more than I wanted to thinking surely it wont be that hard to lose and it was alot harder than I thought! SO I would say I wish I would have eaten more healthy and done some type of safe working out! I will def do that next time!

Elaina M. said...

I don't have any pregnancy advice because I haven't expereinced that journey as of yet! However, I had to comment as to how beautiful you are with your little won ton;-) I am certain that you and Jenn's little ones will be the best of friends/cousins! I pray you well for the remainder of your pregnancy and can't wait to see if won ton is a boy or girl!

Archive