Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My 30th

I turned 30 last week!  I keep getting the same question “do you feel any different?”.  Easy answer.  No, I don’t!  30 is the new 20 my friends!!!!  There are days, however, that I just feel like my life is flashing by and before I know it, I’ll be old and in a nursing home.  I still can’t believe that I graduated college…and I did that 8 years ago!  I’ve been working as an accountant/CPA for 6 1/2 years now.  I’ve been married for almost 4 but have been with my husband for over 5 years now.  And of course, the big one, I have a toddler that is almost one and a half years old.  Time flies.  There has never been a more true statement. 

Anyway, Justin was asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday.  I don’t typically care to do anything special, but since it was the big 3-0, I told him I just wanted to spend time with our friends.  So we started the celebration weekend by heading over to the Ross Bridge crawfish boil.  It was supposed to rain, but it held off and gave us some pretty nice weather!  We met our friends the Lobdell’s who came with us to the same crawfish boil last year too.

IMG_1397IMG_1396  IMG_1392

They brought little Harper with them.  We had fun playing with him.  I can’t get over how fast our two boys are growing up! 

After the crawfish boil, we headed home to change before going to meet all of our friends for dinner at Margarita Grill.  This momma LOVES some mexican food and I feel like I haven’t gotten to eat it much lately!

IMG_1401

Just a few of my favorite people :)  So glad they could all come out to dinner with us!  We were too close to Oak Mountain Lanes to NOT go bowling, so we did (well, most of us did-a couple of people had to go home)….

IMG_1407IMG_1410

Me and Justin goofing off and me with all of my lovely lady friends!  We haven’t bowled in forever!  We had so much fun though!  I usually can never break 100 (I never claimed to be a good bowler), but Justin is ALWAYS on his game.  This sucker even has his own bowling ball and bowling shoes.  Yes, he’s the nerd that walks into the bowling alley with his own stuff.  Weirdo.  Naturally, I was SHOCKED when I beat him in the first game!

IMG_1412

That’s my 130 and Justin’s 124.  I was so excited!  I never beat him at bowling!!!!  (We’re not a competitive couple AT ALL.  Wink.)

IMG_1413

This was the 2nd game we played.  Justin beat me that time because, well, look at those strikes!!!!  By the way, “Mel” is Melanie Trimm, “M” is Marcie, and “Me” is Justin.  Justin got a spare the first round, followed by five strikes.  We were all watching him so closely wondering if he could get all strikes, but I think he buckled under the pressure ;) 

IMG_1408    

And this was just funny for me.  It started raining when we were walking in so I got my umbrella when I came inside from the car.  It’s my BMSS (the firm I work for) umbrella.  Tiffany and Trevor were already there and when I saw Tiff walking, she was also carrying her BMSS umbrella.  She doesn’t work with me, but her husband works for his dad and they are one of our clients so I’m always finding random BMSS stuff at their house.  They even have some things I don’t have!!

It was a great weekend overall and I greatly enjoyed our night off from being parents so we could focus on being spouses and friends.  Here’s some of the things Justin got me for my birthday:

IMG_1388 IMG_1425

To the left, a new pair of shoes.  The Mizuno’s I’ve been sporting have been needing to be replaced desperately so we took a trip to Dick’s Sporting Goods and got these bad boys.  Love them!  He also got me a 75 minute swedish massage followed by a 25 minute facial at the Spa at Ross Bridge.  AMAZING.  I’ve never had a facial before so that was my first and it was great!  My skin felt so incredibly soft afterwards!  Then I came home to this:

IMG_1428 

Actually, I came home to nothing.  Literally.  Justin and Carter were gone when I got home.  I took a shower and when I got out, they were home and I had beautiful flowers and two fun cards!  I love when Justin signs cards for Carter.  This time, he signed it “Carcar”, which if you read my post below, you’d know that Carter now calls himself “Carcar” because he can’t pronounce the “t” yet.  So funny and very sweet.

Here’s to another decade of fun!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is the kicker... Mentally you just do not age as fast as physically. So when I see that on May 27th I will be 57 I kind of freak out because I think I should still be at the most 40. :) However, my body keeps up with the time just fine. :(

Mrs. K said...

Happy belated birthday! =)

Jamie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

HickChickBritt said...

Happy late birthday. How fun. My birthday is the end of the month, maybe Chris will have something up his sleeve.... Probably wishful thinking!

Susannah said...

Happy birthday, dear! Looks like you guys had so much fun! :-)

Archive