Friday, July 29, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 18 Weeks

How far along: 18 weeks, 4 days

Symptoms:  Frequent trips to the bathroom have become more and more prevalent.  I also recently began running again.  Not as intensely as I was, I’m slowly getting back into it, running no more than two miles with walking in those miles.  The frequent urination rears its ugly head EVERY SINGLE TIME I run.  I’ll usually have to walk after a few minutes of running because I usually always have to pee.  I guess the baby is just jumping up and down on my bladder when I’m running. 

Maternity Clothes: I’ve started wearing maternity clothes now.  I’m slowly buying them because they are certainly not cheap, but I wear a mix of maternity and non-maternity.  I can still wear a few work pants as long as I’m wearing the belly band and can still wear a lot of my pre-pregnancy shirts, but at this point, maternity is just a lot more comfortable.  This preggo ain’t never met a dress she didn’t love.  Dresses are where it’s at!!!

Weight Gain:  I was 7 1/2 pounds at week 16 and at 18 weeks, 4 days, I’m up to 10 pounds.  I asked the doc if it was too much and she said it was perfect (yes, I know I’m crazy obsessive with the weight gain coming with pregnancy…I’ve tried to stop, but it’s just hard to get used to gaining that much weight, even if it’s for pregnancy).  Something attributing to it may be the fact that the baby is apparently measuring a week ahead of schedule.  At 18 weeks, baby should be around 6-7 ounces, but it’s measuring 11 ounces.  And no, this isn’t because I’m eating too much and making my baby big, it’s because the due date was a big fat estimate at the very beginning and they’re thinking that maybe I’m actually 19 weeks instead of 18.  My due date is still the 27th for now, but if baby is still measuring big next time, they may consider changing the due date to the 20th, which is when the due date was measured to be this time.

Sleep:  Sleep is pretty good right now.  No complaints from me!

Cravings/Aversions:  Haven’t noticed any.

Baby Size:  At the beginning of week 18, Won Ton was the size of a sweet potato!  I’m not a huge fan of this picture…it’s kind of creepy to me.

18 weeks

Gender: Our gender ultrasound was TODAY!!!  But we’re having a gender reveal party for family and close friends on Sunday afternoon, so we’re keeping the sex to ourselves until then.  Can I just say though that seeing Won Ton on the screen again for the first time since week 8 was incredible.  Baby is SO much bigger now and has legs and arms and a nose and a mouth…all of which were visible to us!  I love it!!!  The doc went over all the major organs and limbs.  She showed us the spine which was perfectly straight (YAY) and the heart rate was 145 which she said was good and strong.  Baby was being very shy and stubborn though.  It took about 15 minutes of poking and repositioning my body to get the baby to show the sex organs.  This was mainly because right now the baby is breech and the umbilical cord was running between the legs and the tech couldn’t see behind the cord so we were trying to get the baby to move to another position so we could see better.  This was the most surreal thing I’ve ever experienced.  I saw my child’s nose and eyelids, I saw it’s internal organs and bones and watched it move.  It’s a complete miracle!  How anyone carries a child for nine months and doesn’t believe in God is beyond me.  I’ll put up the ultrasound pictures and the video (we got a video!!!) after the reveal party.

What I’m Looking Forward To:  TELLING EVERYONE!!!

Bump Pic for the Week:

IMGP5300

For real, I didn’t take a picture at 17 weeks or at 18 weeks specifically for the blog, but we did take this picture while we were on our trip to Key West.  I think that I was about 17 weeks 5 days here.

0 comments:

Archive