Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cooper Francis Cowley

Cooper is finally here!!  I guess I shouldn’t say “finally”.  Jen’s due date wasn’t until July 20th.  But she’s been 3cm dilated and 80% effaced for over a week now so we were sure he was going to come early.  When I woke up this morning at 6:30am, I had 7 missed calls and several texts.  As soon as I saw my phone, I knew she’d gone into labor, I didn’t even have to look at who the calls were from.  Apparently everyone in our family goes into labor in the middle of the night. 

As soon as I woke up I called Jeff (by the way, for those of you that don’t know, Jennifer is my sister and Jeff is her husband, they live in Tampa, FL and this is their first child) and he said she was actually taking a break from pushing.  So at 6:30 she was pushing already.  When I hadn’t heard a peep from anyone at 10:30am, I started getting very nervous.  Come to find out, she labored and pushed for FIVE HOURS but Cooper just wasn’t wanting to come out.  His head was crooked in the canal and they couldn’t get him out after five hours of trying so they did a c-section and he arrived at 11:36am EST. 

cooper

Can I just say…PROPS to my sister for laboring for five long hours (in which the epidural was not always working) and then having to have a c-section.  She’s my hero.  Cooper was 7 pounds, 15 ounces and 19 inches long when he was born.  As you can see, he was born with a head FULL of black hair too :) 

God has been so awesome to our family guys.  For real.  With Jennifer getting pregnant and having a healthy baby boy and my sister-in-law (also named Jennifer) pregnant with twin girls right now and due in September and my own little Won Ton due in December…the Lord is truly smiling upon our family and we are so grateful for his blessings.  Please keep Jen in your prayers as she recovers from the surgery and also pray that her and Jeff remain patient with Cooper and with each other in this new transition into parenthood.  We all know that newborns can be frustrating when they wake up 12 times a night and you can’t figure out why they’re crying.  So just pray that they remain patient and always know how truly blessed they are. 

I LOVE MY NEPHEW!!!

1 comments:

The Langham's said...

He's precious. Send a big congrats to Jennifer for me.

Archive