Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 15 Weeks

I’m starting to put a pattern together. Even though my weeks start on a Tuesday, I usually don’t post until Saturday or Sunday because that’s usually when Justin takes a picture. So when I write these posts, it’s usually whatever the weeks is plus 5 days.


How far along: 15 weeks, 5 days


Symptoms: Big fat check on the frequent urination. Like I said last week, pretty much anytime I stand up or walk, I feel like I have to pee. I don’t know if it’s because of the position of the baby on my bladder or what, but it’s quite annoying.


Maternity Clothes: Still rocking the belly band with stretchy dresses and skirts for now. Maybe I’ll be able to make it to 18 weeks without having to buy them after all!!


Weight Gain: Only gained half a pound this week. So the total is up to 6 1/2 pounds so far, which sounds odd when you see my belly pic this week. Belly has been growing insanely!


Sleep: I’ve gotten to where I can’t really sleep on my back anymore, at least not comfortably. The doctor told me that eventually the position of the uterus would make me feel like I can’t breathe if I’m laying flat, which it’s starting to do. Most of the time I start out sleeping on my back, but have to roll over onto my side in the middle of the night.


Cravings/Aversions: No crazy ones this week to note.


Baby Size: At the beginning of week 15, Won Ton was the size of an orange. A friggin orange people!!! That explains the belly size! Baby moves a lot these days because all four limbs are now completely functional. Though unfortunately, I can’t really feel the movements yet.


15 Weeks-Orange


Gender: Only 3 weeks till we’ll know for sure!!


What I’m Looking Forward To: 16 week appointment on July 15th, even though I’ll be 16 1/2 weeks by then. Also looking forward to our gender reveal party on July 31st!!


Bump Pic for the Week:


Bump pic taken at Melanie and Wade’s wedding that was this weekend on her family’s farm in Blount County. 15 weeks, 5 days:


IMGP5135


And let me just tell you, I was fitted for this dress before we knew we were pregnant….and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO tight the night of the wedding. I’m normally about a size 6 (depending on where I get my clothes, sometimes I’m an 8) but when I was fitted, I was fitted for a 6. At the time, we weren’t pregnant, but trying so I suggested to the fitters that I get a size larger, so I got an 8. I seriously could barely breathe in it. When I put it on at the bridesmaid’s luncheon at Mel’s house it was clear that it was way too tight. There was two problems with it. 1) The lady lumps have literally jumped a cup size so the top was definitely snug. 2) The blush sash is larger than it looks and was cutting off my circulation at the very top of the bump, so it was VERY uncomfortable.


So until we went down to the barn where the wedding took place, the girls suggested I just unzip my dress, but leave the hook at the top of the zipper hooked. Well, when I was sitting on the couch, I bent over to change my shoes and the hook broke. I was so embarrassed!! It looked fine just zipped without being hooked, but it was still so embarrassing! However, deep down inside, I was still pretty pumped that at almost 16 weeks pregnant, I was able to fit into this dress, even though I couldn’t breathe!

0 comments:

Archive