Monday, June 27, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 13 Weeks

First off, I’m starting to wonder if I’m going to be able to keep up the weekly Won Ton posts.  I really really want to because I want to be able to look back at it later, but so much is going on and I’m having to scrounge to find time to write them :(

How far along:  13 weeks

Symptoms:  Still have the ligament pain every now and again, which I hear is expected during the second trimester.  Oh yeah, this week was my last week in the first trimester…I’m now 1/3 of the way through this craziness…wow!  Still can’t believe that.  I also forgot to mention in my 12 week post that I did have my 12 week appointment but didn’t see my actual doctor because he was working in the Anniston office that day, so I saw another doctor in that group at St. Vincent’s.  My normal doc said he wants me to see everyone in the group so that if he’s not able to deliver the baby, I’ll have at least met whoever is going to do the delivering.  I like this idea a lot!  Anyway, the other doctor asked me a few questions, did a urine test, checked my weight and then I finally got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler.  It’s nothing like seeing my baby on the screen, but it’s a close second.  Heart rate was about 160bpm (she was estimating because it wasn’t a doppler that had the heart rate shown).

Maternity Clothes:  Still rockin’ the belly band.  I got a lot of GREAT suggestions from you guys about bathing suits and have decided that I will go to Target to buy a larger size tankini.  There’s honestly no need for me to have a maternity suit because I’ll only be wearing a bathing suit for maybe 2 more months and I just won’t need one of the really big ones.  By the time I’m that big, it’ll be cold again.

Weight Gain:  Gained half a pound this week, so I’m up to 4 1/2.  I plan to talk to my doc at my 16 week appointment (July 15th) about the supposed one pound I’m told to gain every week because I would gain way more than the recommended 25 if I did that from here on out.  I’m very curious about that.  I’ve gotten back into a normal workout routine that I love.  I take a dance class two days a week that is my cardio for the week.  I typically burn about 500+ calories at each of those.  Then two other days I go to the gym and work on weights.  I’m loving my routine right now.

Sleep:  Sleep is pretty good minus the fact that I get up twice every night to pee.

Cravings/Aversions:  Eggs and Chocolate Milk….don’t know if those cravings will ever really go away.  I love them both so much!  And I found a new aversion….broccoli.  Which is such a shame.  I was so proud of myself that I learned to like broccoli and now I can’t eat it at all.  I’ve tried dipping it in dressings, gravy, all kinds of stuff.  But it’s just not doing it for me.

Baby Size:  Up to a peach!  I can’t believe Won Ton is this big!  Of course he/she was this big at the beginning of week 13.  I’m typing this 13 week post when I’m 13 weeks and 6 days so really, baby is bigger than this now.  He/she can now move around and suck their thumb!  I seriously really hope that at my next ultrasound I get a thumb sucking picture…it’s just so sweet!

Peach - 13 Weeks

Gender:  I have had one dream it was a boy, and then this past week, I had a dream it was a girl.  I’m so confused myself!!!  Part of me is still leaning towards boy, but there’s another part of me that is really getting more and more used to the idea of having a girl.  When Carina and I were in New York last week, we went to FAO toy store to pick out something for my niece's upcoming birthday.  She is the girliest of girls and so naturally I started looking for cute little dresses/tutu’s.  I got in the little girls dress up department and just went crazy.  I imagined having a little girl and her being in an adorable and bright purple tutu with a matching top and little princess crown.  Carina looked at me like I was crazy.  However, all this being said, I for some reason still have this feeling it’s a boy.

What I Miss:  I miss my brain.  Y’all….I’m literally getting dumber by the day.  I feel like Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels sometimes…for real.

What I’m Looking Forward To:  July 15th is the next appointment, but honestly, I’m looking forward to getting something in the mail.  I went on Amazon and found a fetal doppler that was super cheap and purchased it.  I love hearing Won Ton’s heart beating and I am sad I don’t get to hear it more often.  So I’m really looking forward to this thing coming in the mail so I can hear it whenever my heart desires (no pun intended).  My July 15th appointment is my 16 week appointment and we won’t have an ultrasound.  It’ll be like my 12 week appointment where I just give a urine sample, check weight, talk to the doc and then hear the heart.

Bump Pic for the Week:

So sorry, but there’s no bump picture this week!!  I just haven’t had the time to take one.  I’ll take one at 14 weeks.

Advice I Need:  Like I said, you guys were so helpful on the advice front, so I’m gonna have to make this a normal section of these posts, because I am always looking for advice in certain areas.  This week my advice needed relates to stretch marks.  I know I’m still early in my pregnancy and don’t have to deal with this now, but I’ve just always wondered about it so I wanted to ask.  Did you guys use anything to prevent stretch marks?  If so, what did you use, when in your pregnancy did you start using it and how often did you use it?

2 comments:

A Bride In Boots said...

Girlfriend...stop worrying about that weight and just enjoy that baby Morris is getting bigger by the day, just as he/she is supposed to! On the swimsuit front, I found a tankini top on eBay for $10 that I can wear with my normal black swimsuit bottoms. Very happy about that purchase. On the stretch mark front, I have friends who swear by Palmer's Organic Cocoa Butter, so that's what I use too. I put it on every night before bedtime. It seems to be working - no stretch marks so far and only 8 weeks to go now!

Whitney said...

I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter occasionally {I could never remember to use it though!!} I didn't get any stretch marks, but I've heard that it's more genetic/luck than anything else :/ Sorry. I do think gradual weight gain helps, but I definitely had a few spurts throughout my pregnancy! Just enjoy it! It's the coolest thing I've ever experienced :)

Archive