Tuesday, December 1, 2009

# 94 - CHECK!

I must say, this may be one of my favorite things on my list! Number 94 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to surprise someone with an unexpected gift. I had a little help in this department. This past Sunday, we had the "Hanging of the Greens" service at our church, St. Mark United Methodist. In the service, they announced a very interesting and AMAZING way to show God's love to people you don't know. They had business cards made out, but they aren't business cards. The card has the St. Mark UMC logo with the address and phone number of the church on it, but at the top of the card it says "Thank you for allowing me to share God's love with you. I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas season."

The idea they gave on how to use this card was that when you are going through the drive-thru at a fast food restaurant, ask the cashier how much the ticket is for the car behind you and if you're ok with the price, ask to pay for their meal and give the cashier the card and have the cashier give them the card. I thought this was BRILLIANT! So I did it this morning! I usually don't eat fast food, but I had to do an inventory count for one of our clients early this morning, so when I get scheduled to do that, I usually go to either McDonald's or Burger King to get breakfast. This morning I went to McDonald's and paid for a woman's breakfast. It may not be much money, but it is certainly an unexpected gift, especially since she has no idea who I am! I truly hope that made her day, because if someone did that to me, it would have certainly made mine! I have a couple more cards that I am hoping to find other ways to use since I don't do the drive-thru all that often ;)

2 comments:

The Langham's said...

This is a great idea! I am sure you made that woman's day. Merry Christmas!

A Bride In Boots said...

Look Marcie, you do have a heart. Only kidding! That is awesome of you - I know she was so grateful!

Archive