Monday, December 21, 2009

Best of 2009....in pictures!

Since 2009 is almost over and, I must admit, since it was the BEST and busiest year of my life, I figured I would share my most cherished memories of 2009, in pictures. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Starting in January, one of my biggest memories was when Justin proposed on January 16, 2009 in front of St. Louis Cathedral after a carriage ride in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

Photobucket

Next up would be the wicked awesome snow day we got in early 2009, I think it was March sometime.

Photobucket

Tiffany's bachelorette party was one of the most fun girl nights I have had in 2009!

Photobucket

On April 18, 2009, two of our very best friends, Tiffany and Trevor, got married. Awesome and VERY emotional day! This was one of the days in 2009 (out of five TOPS) that I cried.

Photobucket

Also in April, I had my very first wedding shower. It was a kitchen shower (because everyone knew how desperately we needed kitchen stuff) hosted by Mrs. Lindsey Limbaugh, Mrs. Lauren Kelly, Mrs. Kelly Owens, and Mrs. Lissa Hines (not pictured). This was probably my favorite shower that I had. It was filled with people I have known forever and it was small and intimate, just how I like it!

Photobucket

In May 2009, Justin and I had our engagement photos done by Amelia Strauss. These are some of the best photos Justin and I have and we had so much fun that day!

Photobucket

On May 30, my best friend of almost 14 years got married to the love of her life. The wedding was beautiful and I just LOVED her reception!

Photobucket

The very next day I had my bridal tea hosted by some amazing women at our church. I didn't know them very well then, but I've gotten to know several of them now and I cannot begin to explain how much I love our church and its members.

Photobucket

Best girl trip EVER. My bachelorette party in June 2009 was to Atlanta where my girls and I enjoyed a fun day at Six Flags (such a "me" bachelorette party, I know) and a couple of nights on the town.

Photobucket

The absolute biggest and best day of 2009, and even our entire lives until Justin and I have children, was the day of our wedding. I am speechless about this day. I cried. I know that seems like a no-brainer that a bride is suppose to cry on her wedding day, but you don't know me if you think nothing of it. I am not talented at showing emotion and on this day, I cried like a BABY! The people I work with were completely shocked. A girl that I'm close to at work literally said "oh my God is Marcie crying...seriously??"

Photobucket

This one still gets categorized with wedding related things, but something I definitely cherish from 2009 is meeting my photographer, Amelia Strauss. I worked closely with her from hiring her in February all the way to getting the album finalized in August. Amelia was a huge part of my 2009 and a huge part of my amazing wedding. I heart her :)

Photobucket

I am seriously not joking when I say that one of our favorite memories of the honeymoon was the flight over there. We were able to get a direct flight to Honolulu from Atlanta so it was 9 straight hours in these INCREDIBLE first class seats.

Photobucket

Of the TONS of things we did on our honeymoon in Hawaii, I can narrow it down to four things that I will certainly never in my life forget. One was the kayaking and snorkeling tour. The view was insane and the water was absolutely perfect. Fish were everywhere and we got to see a white tip reef shark AND several manta rays up close and personal. Awesome awesome day.

Photobucket

The second was going to the summit of the highest mountain in Hawaii, Mauna Kea.

Photobucket

The third was watching the sun rise at the summit of Haleakala Crater on Maui and then biking down the mountain. The views were out of this world and no picture could possibly do any of it justice.

Photobucket

And finally, the horseback riding. Justin and I had so much fun doing this. Part of it was probably because we got two of the four horses that ran at full speed. We were both in mass amounts of pain the next day!

Photobucket

On the 25th of September, I returned to New Orleans when Lillian had her bachelorette party. I didn't know these girls ahead of time, but after meeting them, I LOVE THEM! They were all so much fun and I can't wait to see them again on Lillian and Craig's wedding day which is 12 DAYS AWAY!!!

Photobucket

At the beginning of October, Justin and I along with our friends Bonnie and Andrew went to Washington DC for a wedding. This isn't exactly the best picture of our trip, but I thought it was the funniest. I love my husband and his wacky craziness.

Photobucket

Also in October, we went on a cruise to Cozumel out of New Orleans (I had never been to New Orleans before 2009 and I went three times in 2009) with some of our best friends, the Lobdell's and the Morris' (no relation).

Photobucket

And rolling on into December, this is Justin and I at my firm Christmas Party at the Wynfrey. So much fun!

And that my friends is my Best of 2009. It's gonna be a pretty hard year to top :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, I'm so flattered that I was able to be involved in your BEST year yet! And so blessed by your friendship! I hope they just keep getting better and better :)

Love you!

Amelia Strauss said...

AAAHHH!!! I heart you too! AND, you are about to be on MY blog :)

A Bride In Boots said...

This was your best post EVER and I agree, 2010 will be hard to top!

Archive