Monday, January 3, 2011

#48 - BIG CHECK!

So yes, we are back from our adventures in Africa. We got back last night around 9 and fell asleep immediately at 10. However, due to jet lag, we woke up for the day around 5:30am, hence why I'm writing this blog so early. I've started our million loads of laundry and Justin's currently in the shower so that we can go have breakfast at IHOP because we have no food here :) So number 48 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to travel to Africa to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and do an African Safari.

CHECK!

I will post pictures and stories about our trip over the next week or so. I bought a journal to write everything down in and did it by day, so basically, one blog post will be one day on our trip, as documented in the journal. I will put up a select few pictures from that day, but to see all the pictures, you'll have to go to my facebook page. I haven't put them up yet and probably won't for a little while because I have to go through all of them, but I plan to copy, verbatim, what I wrote in the journal so that I can record what I was thinking each day. I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Years!

7 comments:

Christina said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Amy said...

Sounds amazing. Can't wait to read your journal and see pics!

Jenny Strickland said...

YAY!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Welcome home!

Melissa said...

Yea! I'm so excited you accomplished your goal! Looking forward to hearing about the adventure!

Unknown said...

YAY! I feel privileged that I got to hear about your trip before blogland!! :) It was great to see you this morning!

Allison said...

So glad y'all made it back and I can't wait to read about the trip and see the pictures. Welcome back!

mrsashcake said...

can't wait to hear all about it! that is quite an accomplishment for the list and your LIFE!\

congrats! :)

Archive