Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Look What He Can Do…

Baby boy has been surprising the heck out of us lately.  He’s been rolling from his tummy onto his side for a while now, usually falling back onto his tummy.  At 7 weeks old, he finally rolled his from his tummy to his back, but I wasn’t able to get it on video.  This is way ahead of the game.  According to the books and websites I’ve read, he shouldn’t be able to roll from tummy to back until he’s 3 months old.  He’s done it here and there, but hadn’t done it consistently yet.  Yesterday during tummy time, however, he did it EVERY TIME I put him on his stomach.  I would put him on his tummy, he would lift his head 90 degrees (another thing he shouldn’t be able to do yet), waiver a bit, and then push off the floor with his hands and roll to his back.  I of course cheered for him every time he did this.  After praising him, I would lift him up and put him back on his tummy and within a minute, he’d do it all again.  This cycle literally happened about 10 times in a row.  He loves doing it now that he knows he can.  Because he did it so many times in a row, I was able to get it on video on my phone (excuse the bad quality).  Here’s my superstar:

He can now rollover!!!  The first of many milestones that I want to capture on video or photo, hence why I created a new label called “Carter’s Milestones”.  I can’t wait to watch him do more things.  I have one strong kid.  At the rate and intensity that he kicks his legs, he’ll be crawling in no time!

0 comments:

Archive