Tuesday, February 7, 2012

#73 - Check

Number 73 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to introduce Carter to his great grandparents (my grandparents on my dad’s side) that live in Moundville, AL.  I was born and raised in Tuscaloosa, which is a mere 20 minutes from Moundville, so I saw my grandparents a lot.  Even when I went to college at UA, I drove to Moundville most Sundays to go to church with my grandparents and have lunch with them.  When I moved to Nashville, I wasn’t able to see them all that often and even since moving back to Birmingham, things tend to always come up that keeps me from seeing them frequently.  They weren’t able to make it to the hospital when Carter was born so I was really excited about introducing him to them.  Since Justin is out of town this week, I decided to drive to my aunt’s house in Tuscaloosa to have dinner with my dad, aunt and uncle, cousins and my grandparents. 

IMGP6052IMGP6054

Nanny loved holding him, but most of the night he was held by my aunt Delane.  She pretty  much picked him up when I got there and only let go of him for Nanny to hold him so I could take a picture.  I think Delane is loving all the babies in our family!

On an unrelated to the 101 List note, when I got home from Tuscaloosa last night, I fed Carter and put him to bed at 10:15pm.  He usually wakes up one time in the middle of the night for a feeding around 2 or 3am.  I even woke up on my own just waiting for him to wake up.  He never did.  He didn’t wake up until 6am this morning.  MY SON SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!  I was so proud of him!  I just hope he keeps it up.  It’s obvious he can sleep through the night without a feeding, the question is will he do it again.  We’ll see I guess.  I’m so glad he slept for 8 hours, I just wish I knew he was going to do it and then I wouldn’t have tried to stay awake.  Even though he got 8 hours of sleep, I didn’t sleep well past 3am because I kept waiting for him to wake up.  Proud of him nonetheless though!

0 comments:

Archive