Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#40 and #36 - Check

Number 40 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to order and send out Carter’s birth announcements.  These came in this afternoon and I have half of them addressed.  I plan to address the remainder after Carter goes down for the night and send them in the morning.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE these announcements.  My sister, Lindsey Smith with Lindsey Smith Photography, ordered them for me and did the template.  There’s a front and back.

Front:

Birth Announcement

Back:

Birth Announcement Back

Since they’re going out tomorrow, most people should get them by Saturday or Monday at the very latest, depending on where you live. 

Number 36 on my list was to finish writing all of the thank you notes for Carter’s gifts and get them sent out.  While I was mailing the above announcements, I went ahead and mailed these out as well.  So I’m all caught up now.  YAY!!!  I remember it taking me a while to write thank you notes from all of our wedding gifts.  That lag time is NOTHING compared to when you have to do it with a child.  For starters, you get more gifts with a baby for some reason.  Secondly, good luck trying to get thank you notes out when you’re a slave to the schedule of a newborn!!  You barely have time to eat much less write over 100 thank you notes!!!  So to me, this is a BIG accomplishment off the list because it took me forever!

0 comments:

Archive