Sunday, February 19, 2012

#74 - CHECK

Number 74 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was for Justin and I to finally take Carter to church.  Carter is now 7 1/2 weeks old and we haven’t been to church since he was born.  This is mainly because we were waiting for him to have his first round of shots.  Most pediatricians say to not take newborns around large groups of people who will all want to hold them and give them germs until after they have had their shots.  Since Carter had his shots on Tuesday, I was very anxious to get back to church.  We didn’t want to take him to Sunday school, we were only going to take him to the contemporary service.  But we did want some of our Sunday school class to meet him, so we decided to leave the house a little early and drop by the class towards the end so they can meet Carter.  But apparently they didn’t have class today because no one was in there when we stopped by.  Oh well, they’ll see him next week hopefully!

We went to the gym for the contemporary service and lots of people stopped and adored him.  Gordon (Justin’s dad) got there and asked if he could take him to the choir room to see some more of the women that were in the choir and wouldn’t be coming to the contemporary service.  So Gordon took him for a few minutes.  He came back in time for the praise music, which I think Carter really liked.  But more than anything, my kid LOVES LOVES LOVES to stare at lights.  He was mesmerized by the lights in the gym.  He loves looking at lights and ceiling fixtures at home too so we kinda knew he loved lights already, but he stared at the lights the majority of the service.

IMGP6379

Waiting for the service to start.  Excuse his face….he’s just taking it all in!  He hasn’t been around that many people and that much noise in his life!

IMG00092-20120219-1109

This is what little man did for half the service.  Yes, he smiles when he sleeps.

IMGP6381

After church we headed to the Morris’ house for lunch and Jen and Aeron brought the twins.  For those of you that remember, the twins were born in August and around 6 months old now.  They were born at 34 weeks, so they were already premature, not to mention they were naturally going to be underweight because they were twins!  Anyway, the three kids all see the same pediatrician and Carter’s appointment was Tuesday and the twins appointment was Thursday.  We found out that Carter, at 7 1/2 weeks old, has already surpassed Celia, who is 6 months old, in weight.  He was 10 lbs, 15 oz and Celia was 10 lbs, 2 oz.  It kinda makes my son look like a fattie, but really the twins are just small.  They still aren’t on the charts for weight and height yet.  Cynthia is 11 lbs, 5 oz so I’m pretty sure Carter will pass her soon.

IMGP6382

Justin was trying to get Cynthia to go to sleep

IMGP6383

Baby girl is OUT!!

IMGP6384

I love him more than life!!

IMGP6386

Me and baby boy.  Excuse his tongue sticking out.  This is a new talent he learned from his daddy.  Seriously, no one can make him laugh like Justin can.  Watching Carter laugh for the first time is also on my list, and I’ve already done that, but I just haven’t been able to capture it on video or photo yet so I’m not marking it off until I can properly document it.  

Something else Carter has been doing a lot lately is babbling.  I love watching him in waketime these days because he loves to talk talk talk!!  Of course he’s not actually talking, but he thinks he is. I  got a great video of it (excuse the not so great quality – this video was taken from my blackberry):

IMG00082-20120213-1917

My sweet baby LOVES to smile at us these days!!!

2 comments:

The Langham's said...

He is PRECIOUS!

Breanna said...

Oh my gosh! What incredible pictures! :) I found your Blog through Strickly Strickland's :)

Hello from your newest follower! Love what I see already! :)

Breanna
http://therushfamily.blogspot.com

Archive