Monday, August 1, 2011

Ultrasound Photos and Video

On Friday, July 29th, we had the BIG ultrasound.  Our appointment was at 10am and we were even a few minutes late, but we waited in the waiting room for what seemed like forever!  One of the techs finally came and got us and brought us into the room and I told her immediately that we didn’t want to find out.  Even though our family and friends all thought we were finding out the sex, we decided not to.  First she showed us the screen of the baby and showed us all the body parts and told us everything looked great.  The heart rate was 145bpm and we got to hear that as well.  She eventually started trying to find the sex organs and our little guy gave her a hard time.  She kept shaking my belly pretty hard with the ultrasound wand trying to get him to move and he really just wouldn’t move.  He is in the breech position right now and at the time, the umbilical cord was between his legs, hiding the man goods so she couldn’t tell if it was a boy or girl for a good 15 minutes.  She made me turn on my side in hopes of making him drop in the uterus and thereby moving the cord, but that didn’t work either.  Thankfully, he eventually moved on his own and she was able to see the goods.

Like I said though, she didn’t tell us at the appointment what the sex was.  I had her write it on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope.  She printed out all the ultrasound pictures and put those along with the DVD of the ultrasound in a separate envelope and sealed that one as well.  After the appointment, Justin and I went to lunch with my friend from high school who also baked our gender reveal cake and we handed her the envelopes.  So basically, our friend was the only person that knew the sex for two days.  That was so hard!!!  Anyway, after the ultrasound we went to our normal doctor appointment.  The doc shared with us that the baby was measuring ahead of schedule and the estimated due date is now December 20th.  They decided that since it’s only a seven day difference that they wouldn’t change the due date yet, but that if the baby was still measuring big later, they’d make the decision to change it.  Right now, the baby should have been between six and seven ounces and our baby was measuring at about eleven ounces, almost twice as much as he should weigh!!  Head and femur sizes are normal though.  So we may just have a big baby!

Here’s a few of the ultrasound pictures:

  SCAN0060

My son’s sweet face.  This is my favorite!

   SCAN0062

His arms are crossed and they’re covering his face.  He didn’t want us to see him…very modest.

SCAN0061

His face from the front

  SCAN0063

A sweet kissable little foot

 SCAN0067

BOY!!

My favorite thing wasn’t even the pictures though.  It is seriously the coolest thing to see your baby move on the screen, especially at this time in the pregnancy when they move a lot.  So our doctors allow parents to bring in a blank DVD and they record the ultrasound.  So my favorite part is below:

I love my son more than words can express already :)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Congratulations!! We just found out we are having a baby boy in December also! Isn't it an amazing feeling? Good luck to yall!

Candice Reed Robbins said...

Congratulations Marcie! I know you are thrilled to finally know the sex! It goes so fast now, and before you know it, he'll be running around.

I see you're at Henderson and Walton. You are in the best hands. I couldn't have asked for better care. After hearing some other friends' experiences, I realize how lucky we were to be in a great hospital.

Allison said...

I'm so totally excited for you guys!! I heard the Brad Paisley song "If he's anything like me" this morning and thought of you and Justin. He's going to be SO sweet and give you fits at the same time. Brantley already does that to us and she's only 18 months old. She's just like me when I was little, bless her heart! Parenthood is SO awesome and I'm so glad y'all are joining the kids club!!!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I am so excited for you guys and even more excited to spoil mini morris!

Archive