Monday, August 8, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 20 Weeks

I know I know…I’m a day early.  I don’t turn 20 weeks until tomorrow.  I figure it’s okay since I was half a week late on week 18 and didn’t even post on week 19.  So here’s what’s going on at 20 weeks:

How far along: 20 Weeks - HALFWAY PEOPLE!!!

Symptoms:  Sleep is beginning to become an issue as well as headaches.  I’m getting headaches more and more frequently now and usually they’re cured by popping some Tylenol, but every now and again, a really ugly one rears it’s head and causes me to be out of commission for the day.  As far as sleep goes…it’s hit and miss.  Most days, I’ve gotten to where my body seems to be requiring more sleep than I have time to provide.  This is rather unusual for this time in pregnancy, I’m supposed to have a good amount of energy during the second trimester, which I did, but it’s dwindling down quickly.  I had to call in to work on Friday, and I never do that,  because I just couldn’t function.  I woke up at 7am to email people at work to let them know that I wasn’t coming in and then went back to sleep.  I didn’t wake up until 11:30 that afternoon.  I NEVER do that.  In the past several weeks, I’ve gotten to where if I don’t get a good 9+ hours, I really can barely get up.  My sister told me to talk to my doctor because that’s really not normal and she’s afraid I may be getting anemic.  I’ll probably call if it doesn’t get better this week.

Maternity Clothes: I’m almost to where I can’t even wear my pre-preggo pants with the belly band because my belly is increasing in size the buttons/zippers/clips on my pants dig into my stomach (since I can’t button/zip/clip them anymore) and it’s pretty painful at times.  I’ve ordered a few pairs of maternity workpants from Old Navy and waiting on them to come in and will probably rotate those pants with a few dresses for the next 20 weeks.  So if you see me where the same thing multiple times, think about how expensive it is to literally have to buy an entire new wardrobe when it will only be used for a short period of time. 

Weight Gain:  At 18 weeks, 4 days, I was at 10 pounds and at 20 weeks I’m up to 11.  I’m doing pretty good on the gradual weight gain lately.  I’m supposed to be gaining a pound a week and I’ve gained 3 1/2 in the past 4 weeks, so on average a little less than a pound a week, which is fine by me.  Even though the goal is 25-35 pounds, I’d really like to not gain more than 30 during the whole pregnancy.  I think my gradual gain is attributed to the fact that I’ve started running again.  I don’t do it often, probably 3 times a week and 4 on special weeks, but it’s better than nothing.  I usually run around our neighborhood towards the end of the day when it’s not as hot.  It’s about a mile and a half all the way around and sometimes I’m able to run most of it and only walk once or twice, but other times I end up doing more walking than running because of Carter’s position in my stomach.  The belly bounces up and down on my bladder and it’s hard to keep running when you feel like you’re about to pee your pants.  I usually do a lot of walking on the days of the week that I don’t run.

Sleep:  See above

Cravings/Aversions:  Haven’t noticed any.  Chocolate milk is still my saving grace on those nights that I can’t sleep and I wake up at 3am to pee. 

Baby Size:  At the beginning of week 20, sweet little Carter is the size of a cantaloupe!  WOW!!  Even though the picture says 10.6 oz for weight, Carter is weighing in at more than that.  My appointment on July 29th measured him at weighing 11 oz, so he may be closer to 11.5 or even 12 now.  We’ll see soon.

20 weeks - cantelope

Gender:  Baby Won Ton is a sweet baby boy!!!  His name is Carter Gordon Morris, don’t know if I’ve put that on the blog yet or not, pretty sure I haven’t though.  His middle name comes from Justin’s dad, Gordon.  Justin’s dad is such an awesome person and a great father to Justin so we felt it appropriate to name our son after him.  We also wanted to name him that because Gordon started his own company years and years ago and Justin works for that company now and maybe one day  little Carter will work for the company as well.

What I’m Looking Forward To:  Figuring out what’s going on with my sleep issues.

Bump Pic for the Week:

So my picture taker, my sweet and patient husband, is out of town and can’t take my picture, therefore I will probably take the next several on my phone if I don’t have time to take it when he’s here on the weekend.  So excuse the fact that this picture is in a bathroom please.

20 Weeks

4 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

You look precious! Half way there girl!

Jenny Strickland said...

You look great! Sorry your having headaches and about the sleeping! Hopefully you can get that figured out soon!

LOVE the name!

Love that you thought of me when you saw all the owl stuff! I have already told Adam that our nursery is going to be done in owls! He was not excited!

*Just an fyi... The word verification thingy I have to put in before I comment has made my day! It was probably the funniest combined letters that actually spelled something!

The Lobdell's said...

Well you could at least smile!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic!
Mrs. C
http://tosots.blogspot.com/

Archive