Thursday, April 14, 2011

#25 - CHECK!

I actually completed number 25 back in February, but due to busy season, I lacked the free time to blog about it. Number 25 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to pay off my car. HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!

I bought my sweet little 2005 Acura TL when I lived in Nashville. In college, I was leasing an Acura RSX and when I got to my firm in Nashville, I realized that my client where I would be spending a good 7 months out of the 12 in a year was located in Murfreesboro, a 45 minute drive from my house in Nashville. Naturally, I immediately started looking for a car to purchase because they charge you an arm and a leg for going over the standard mileage. I came home one weekend to set out to find a car and found my Acura. It was January 2007 when I bought her and she was two years old. She is now seven years old and still kicking. Justin allowed me to use part of his bonus to pay off the loan a year early so that we wouldn't have any payments. I was so excited when I got the piece of mail saying it was MINE!!!

I plan to hang on to her as long as I can before I purchase another car and I will say that when I do purchase another car, it will NOT be a luxury car. Too many places can't change my tires or do a rotation because it's a luxury car. That's frustrating. Not to mention any work that has to be done to the car is ridiculously expensive. It was cool to have such a nice car for a while, and it still is cool, don't get me wrong, but I have no desire to spend that much money on another car. A car gets you from point A to point B. That's it. When we purchase another car for me, it will be something that we can either pay for the full thing in cash or pay for a good chunk of it and have a very small payment for a short period of time after. I'm so glad to be knocking things off my list again. It's been too long. Here's some others that I will be knocking off soon:


  • Watching Fireproof with Justin - I can do this now that I have more free time

  • Getting my wedding dress stored - It's seriously pathetic that she's been in my closet for almost 2 years. Gotta do something about this ASAP.

  • Attending a church service at The Basement - Again, now that I have my nights free again, I can do this too!

  • Serve breakfast to the homeless with the SMUMC ladies - We get three volunteer days at work where we can volunteer for a whole day and not use paid time off. Since the breakfast only takes a couple of hours, I can go to work right after and do this more than once.

  • Host a party at my house for someone - Justin and I along with Trevor and Tiffany Lobdell are hosting a "Stock the Shed" shower for our friends Melanie and Wade on May 14th at my house.

  • Go to my high school reunion - JULY 16TH!!!!

  • Help host a baby shower for someone - Me and my sister Lindsey along with my aunt Delane are hosting a baby shower for my other sister Jennifer on April 23rd in Tuscaloosa.

  • Obtain a door wreath for every major holiday - I have all but Easter, which I plan to buy this weekend!

  • See every episode of Andy Griffith - I'm picking this back up since I wasn't able to do it as much during busy season. I think we only have 2 1/2 seasons to go.

  • Take Anderson to the Atlanta Aquarium - My mom and I are taking both of the kids sometime in June on one of my Friday's off.

So I get to knock off a lot very soon!!! My first Friday off is next week and I plan to not do much at all....and it's going to be fabulous! I am planning on going to a Pure Barre class that day (something else I'll have to blog about later) and then that night Justin and I are going to dinner with my mom and step-dad and my sister Jennifer and her husband since they'll be in town for the baby shower we're throwing for her that weekend. We're planning to eat dinner at Chuy's at the Summit. I have heard people raving about this place, but I haven't been yet so hopefully it's as amazing as people say it is.

1 comments:

The Lobdell's said...

Just so you know, it is our 2 year anniversary today and my dress is still at my parents and hasn't been touched since the wedding day. How awful is that? I don't know if it will come clean now. Love you and miss you. Can't wait to hang out!!

Archive