Thursday, April 28, 2011

It’s A Sad Day

My heart hurts for my hometown.  I’m so blessed that all of my family living in Tuscaloosa is safe when so many other people’s families are not.  This tornado picked up not only homes, but people.  A senior at UA, also a Phi Mu, lived in Forest Lake and her body was found by Checkers at the corner of 15th and Hargrove Road, a good 2 miles away from Forest Lake.  There are numerous stories like this involved in this tornado.  Please pray for the victims of this storm.  It will take my city years to recover from this and it will be something that the residents will never forget.  It’s a sad sad day in Alabama today.  Over 180 deaths have been confirmed in Alabama alone, that number is sure to rise.  Prayers are needed!  I couldn’t keep myself from crying all morning just thinking about Anderson and Lydia.  I don’t know how I could make it had anything happened to those babies.  I thank God that they’re ok. 

4 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

So happy that yall are all safe! Praying for everyone! So sad!!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear that everyone in your family is safe! I was thinking about you! Everyone in AL is in my prayers!

Robbie said...

Oh my! We had the same storm here in Memphis on Tuesday. Crazy! How were you not scared when you were filming that?

Justin and Marcie said...

Oh that was definitely NOT me filming that. I don't have that kind of courage!!

Archive