Sunday, April 19, 2009

A 15K, a wedding, and a year anniversary

It's been a busy busy weekend so far!! First off, Justin and I ran the 15K Statue to Statue race on Saturday morning. It was a total of 9.4 miles and IT WAS A KILLER! We didn't realize until last week that it was nicknamed the "toughest 15K in the south". We knew why when we ran it. The first 5 1/2 miles weren't bad, but then it got into Mt. Brook where there were HUGE hills. There were two hills in specific where NO ONE ran up them because they were just too steep. My knee starting giving out at about mile 8 but I still crossed the finish line. Justin said it was much harder than the Mercedes half-marathon, which makes me feel pretty good! Justin did it in 1 hour 28 minutes and I did it in 1 hour 43 minutes.



After the race we went home and pretty much did nothing since neither of us could really move all that well after running through hills for so long. Me and Justin's year anniversary is on Sunday, April 19th and we went ahead and exchanged gifts on Saturday because there's a lot going on Sunday. All he wanted was shirts for fishing....he's gotten into this fishing hobby. I don't quite understand how that is enjoyable, but it gives me the house to myself for a few hours every other Saturday, so no complaints here :) I was TOTALLY surprised by what he gave me. He knows how in love I am with New York City so he bought me this:


It's a framed painting of the Brooklyn Bridge....one of my FAVORITE spots in NYC. Not only did he give me the painting, but he's allowing me to replace the Auburn picture above the fireplace with this painting! Although, he's forcing me to wait until after we're married to replace it. I guess he just wants 3 more months of THINKING he's in control :)

Saturday night was Tiffany and Trevor's wedding. I DO NOT cry at weddings. But at their wedding, I was swimming in tears. Even Justin said "you're not like other girls...you never cry. Why are you crying?". I have no idea why I was crying!!! I don't know why I got so emotional. There is no telling what kind of basket case I'll be like on our wedding day. I love these two and I am so happy for them! All my pictures are on facebook so I'm not going to put them all on here, but I'll put a few of my favorites up.



















0 comments:

Archive