Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blog Award



So I've noticed everyone on my blogger list doing this lately, so I figured I'd jump on. A while back my friend Lauren recognized my blog as one of her faves and my sister did it for me too recently, so I guess I should pass it on.

Here's the rules...
1. When given the award, you list 7 things that you love.
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you love.Be sure to tag them and let them know they've won. (You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sideboard.)

Things I love: (I'm going to copy my sister on this and say that I am assuming you all know that I love God, Justin and our dog Gizmo)

1) Girls Nights Out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting our small group of girls together to do things on our own without our husbands/future husbands.

2) Traveling. Nothing comes before traveling for me (well except for the 3 things listed above of course). I love adventure and traveling all over the US and the world. It's my life.

3) Climbing mountains. This kind of goes in with number 2 because most of the places we travel is to go climb mountains, but sometimes it's not. The feeling you get when you're at the top of a 14,000 foot mountain is indescribable and is hard to top.

4) The feeling you get when a prayer is successful. When you've prayed for something or someone over and over and you start seeing results and things start happening for the better, it feels really really good. Watching God work is always enjoyable.

5) NOT BEING IN BUSY SEASON

6) Working out. Sometimes it is a pain to have a normal workout schedule, but I love working out and running races, anything keeping me active. I always feel so accomplished after a workout!

7) New York City. I don't need to explain this. Most of you that know me well know how obsessed I am with the city.

Bloggers I give the award to:
1) Garrett and Lauren
2) The Smith Family
3) Amelia Strauss - My Wedding Photographer
4) Chase and Allison
5) Katie Hines
6) David and Heather
7) Pastor Pete from Nashville

Also, today is my birthday!! I turned 26 (gosh I seriously feel like I was just 21!) today and it's been a pretty good day so far. Justin is unfortunately working in Colorado this week so I didn't get to spend it with him. He gave me a gift card to Santa Fe Day Spa for my birthday. I've never had a professional massage before and I looked at their list of different massages and I have NO IDEA which one to get!! Suggestions are welcome!

He also apparently got me flowers that I haven't seen yet. One of our admin staff at work called my cell today to tell me that I had some flowers, but since I'm working at the client's office I can't see them :( My senior manager was nice enough to get them and bring them out here to our client when he comes out here. As soon as I see what they look like I'll post a pic. This is why I am marrying him. He's so amazing and thoughtful :)

Prayer Requests:

1) I only have one prayer requests but it is for 6 people. 6 people I know got laid off this week. Please pray for them and that they are able to find jobs. This economy is so bad and it's really not a great time to not have a job so please pray for their strength and their families strength through this difficult time.

4 comments:

The Williamson's said...

I gave you this award this morning, but thanks for giving it back to me.

I hope you have a happy birthday!

Unknown said...

this will be the 3rd time I've told you this today but... Happy Birthday Marcie! Enjoy your massage!

Laura Sue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
i dont comment often but i follow.

Heather, David and Delaney! said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the bloggy award!!

Archive