Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Kitchen Shower

I had my kitchen shower this week! It was my very first shower and may be a hard one to top!!! I had some of my favorite people hosting: Lindsey Owens and Lauren Kelly, two of my best friends for over 13 years now, and their mom Kelly Owens, who has been my second mom for over half my life, and Lissa Hines, my old neighbor when I lived in Trace Crossings. It was on Tuesday night (for explanation on why it was on a weeknight see previous posts) and it was A BLAST! We had a great turnout for it being on a Tuesday night and everyone was having fun. My wonderful hostesses did such an amazing job on decorating and the food and helping me do stuff (since I don't know anything about weddings). Lindsey Owens sat next to me and made sure to keep all my bows (apparently you do that) and made sure to keep the name tags on the gifts that came with them. Lauren took a ton of pictures with my camera because she knew I wouldn't be able to. Thanks so much guys! I love y'all!!!! Here's some pics:

Photobucket

Me with two of the hostesses, Mrs. Lauren Kelly and the future Mrs. Limbaugh (MAY 30TH!!!

Photobucket

My sis drove up from Tuscaloosa to be there

Photobucket

My future in-laws! This is Jennifer Gault (Justin's sister and one of my bridesmaids) and his mom Debbie

Photobucket

My second family

Photobucket

Carina, me, Lindsey, and Allison Williamson

Photobucket

Photobucket

All my gifts....thanks so much to everyone!!!
Photobucket

Lindsey and Lauren put all the gifts on the table to get some good pictures of them. Thanks guys!! I really appreciate everything you did :)

I had such a blast and Justin and I got so much stuff for our kitchen. I get made fun of a lot because I am picky when it comes to food, so when I opened most of these gifts people laughed because I didn't know what some of them were used for. Lauren caught a great moment on video and I've put it below. It's hard to hear, but I opened one of my mom's gifts which was a spice rack and my sister (who is the number 1 person to make fun of me for my taste in food) talked about using the spices to spice up chicken fingers (because that's my favorite food).



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had fun at your first shower!

That video is too funny!!

Archive