Monday, October 20, 2008

One busy week....

This past week was a super busy week for me! On Thursday, me and a couple of girls from work donated our time (and amazing muscles) to Habitat for Humanity to build a house for a wonderful woman and her son. We were only there for a day so we didn't do much, but we were responsible for insulation and vinyl siding. If anyone needs vinyl siding on their house....I am now capable of doing it :)


 

From left to right these are some of my favorite girls in the office: Marcie Rogers, Marlene Cox, Melanie Shores, Allison Scott (the new homeowner), Ashley Brock and Jessica Hale



Trust me, this is heavier than it looks! The house won't be finished until close to Thanksgiving which is when we'll have the house dedication with the whole firm. It was nice to get out of the office though :)

In better news......our friends Trevor and Tiffany got engaged this week!!! Trevor and Tiff have been dating for a little over 4 years so it was definitely time. They are both very happy and excited and I am so excited for them! They've already set the wedding date which will be on April 18th. Hopefully work will allow me to have that Saturday off since it's technically still our busy season!

They got engaged at the Botanical Garden in Birmingham



The ring was absolutely beautiful!! Way to go Trevor!!!

Justin came back in town Friday after a delayed flight from Atlanta. He finally got home a little past 9pm and we didn't do much on Friday since he got in so late. On Saturday we went over to Trevor's house to watch the games and hang out with the newly engaged couple for a little while. Afterwards, Justin and I went out on our date night for our 6 month anniversary.....which was literally perfect! I am so blessed to have someone that cares so much about me and that does all the things that he does for me. He truly gives me more reasons every single day to love him. He took me to dinner at Sumo restaurant in Patton Creek and his gift to me is the "secret trip" that we're going on in November. I got his gift, but he hasn't received it yet so I can't say what I got him, but I will post pictures as soon as it comes in :)

At least this week his flight didn't leave at the crack of dawn on Sunday so we were still able to go to church. We met up with his parents at church but we weren't able to do our weekly lunch after church because him and his dad's flight was in the early afternoon so they had to go home and pack. Justin is now in Glenwood Springs, CO (which is also his favorite city to travel to) and he will be back on Friday at 2:45pm FOR GOOD!!!! I can't wait to see my boyfriend for more than 30 hours at a time :)

After Justin left for his flight I drove down to Tuscaloosa to hang out with my little man since I hadn't seen him in a few weeks. He blows my mind now-a-days! His vocabulary is excellent and he's always saying please, thank you and excuse me. He's all about spending time with Auntie M too....I can just tell he's excited when I come over. He also mentioned Justin a couple of times on Sunday. When we were driving home from Wal-Mart he said "I wanna go see Justin" out of nowhere! It was crazy!!! I wish I had taken pictures, but my boyfriend took his camera to Colorado and mine is broken so I don't have one.

I will end on this note.......

19 days until the secret trip :)

0 comments:

Archive