Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I love the Fall!

Not much has been going on lately. October has definitely been one of those really slow months that never seems to pass by. However I think the reason for that is because Justin has been gone for most of October. I've been so bored when he's not there for me to come home to, so I've done nothing but clean and decorate for two weeks straight! I absolutely love the fall, not near as much as I love winter, but decorating for fall is definitely second best to decorating for Christmas. I'm starting to love Michael's. I've gotten so much cute fall stuff from there and all of their stuff is DIRT CHEAP! Plus they already have Christmas stuff out too!

Justin and I ran the Race for the Cure 5K at Linn Park last Saturday. I ran the 3.11 miles in 30 minutes and 1 second (averages out to be 9 minute and 40 second miles). I was pretty proud of that given that I haven't run in at least two weeks. I came in 22nd place out of all women ages 25-29 that were timed and 89th place overall of all women that were timed. Just over 300 women were timed, but I don't know how many of that 300 were of the ages 25-29. The fastest I have ever done that distance was in 29 minutes and 51 seconds, so I didn't do too bad.
I am 24 days away from my "secret trip" that Justin has planned for us. I haven't gotten anymore hints than the ones I posted in my previous blog. I tried to stop talking about it because I know that he really wants it to be a surprise. If you know me, you know that I love surprises, not because of the element of surprise, but because I love to try to figure out what the surprise is!!! Like I've said before, I think that I know what it is, but Justin swears up and down that this is not where we're going. I think we're are going to Acadia National Park in Maine. Acadia is one of the national parks that I have a huge interest in and his parents and grandparents went there last month. Here's some pics of Acadia:



Even though I think this is where we're going, it may not be. Others have had suggestions such as Niagara Falls, New York City (since he knows that is my favorite place on Earth), Shenandoah National Park, Washington D.C. and many others. I guess I'll find out on November 7th after our connecting flight. I don't even get to know where we're going once we get to the Birmingham airport. Justin is checking my bags for me so that I don't find out the airport code and he's holding both of our boarding passes for the second flight. (A little too obsessive don't you think?) I know the connecting flight is through Detroit, so when we land in Detroit we'll head to the gate of the last flight and that's when I will find out where I'm going.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just sayin.. why would you fly through Denver to go to NY or Maine?.. I'm thinkin somewhere our west... Just sayin!

Ahh! I love surprises SO much! Please call me when you figure it out on the plane in Denver! FUN! I want a surprise vaca from G-man!

Justin and Marcie said...

Dang it....I meant Detroit....I had the Rockies on my mind! It's not out west b/c he did tell me that it was central or eastern time zone. However, he told me that Denver was one of the places he thought about taking me, but decided not to. You'll know as soon as I know :)

Unknown said...

oh, hmmm. Can't wait to find out! :)

Archive