Tuesday, March 26, 2013

He Said/She Said

So on Valentine’s Day this year, I noticed a TON of bloggers doing this he said/she said quiz with their spouses.  I thought it was a super cute idea (who doesn’t love to quiz their spouse on their relationship and find out how much they REALLY listen????) so I copied the questions and sent them to Justin via email and told him to answer them.  Problem was, he didn’t respond back.  Until today.  So random that he sends me an email today with the answers. 

Well it’s not Valentine’s Day anymore, but it was still fun so I’ll post anyway.  Below are the questions followed by what she said and then what he said:

  • Where was our first date?
    • she said: Rainforest cafe when he came to visit me in Nashville when I lived there. 
    • he said: Rainforest Cafe
  • Where was our first kiss?
    • she said: At his house after going out one night
    • he said: In my bed.  Well the second time.   (He got more specific than me – we were just watching TV in his room FYI.  I did spend the night at his house that night but he slept on the couch.  What he means by the “second time” was that it was our 2nd first kiss.  The first “first kiss” was in high school so we don’t count that).
  • Who said I love you first?
    • she said: He did
    • he said: Me
  • Which of the following breakfast cereals best describes your wife’s family’s opinion of you when they first met you (Crazy Flakes, Just Right, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops)?
    • she said: Just Right
    • he said: Just Right
  • Your wife is waiting at the doctor’s office.  Which magazine will she read?  Good Housekeeping, People, Glamour, or Coastal Living? 
    • she said: People
    • he said: People
  • If she were ordering drinks at a restaurant for dinner for both of you, what would she order?
    • she said: Waters
    • he said: Dr peppers
  • Which of these does your husband have the most of (sense of humor, sense of time or sense of adventure)?
    • she said: Definitely adventure, but sense of humor is an extremely close second.  He has ZERO sense of time.
    • he said: adventure
  • How many pair of your wife’s shoes would you say are not in the closet right now (this is basically a stab at cleanliness…how many of my shoes are all over the house?)
    • she said: 0.  Unlike someone in our household, I pick up my shoes!
    •  he said: 1
  • What is his ultimate favorite movie?
    • she said:  I’d be surprised if he even knew.  He’s not a movie person at all.  He’s more of the guy that watches shows on TV.
    • he said:   don't know
  • If I were a character from Friends, who would I be? 
    • she said:  Monica – Pretty sure he’ll agree because I’m OCD about cleaning the house and it drives him nuts!
    • he said:  Monica
  • Which one of us hogs the bed covers at night?
    • she said: I honestly don’t think either of us do, but I’m pretty sure he’ll say I do.
    • he said: You
  • Who is better at handling money?
    • she said: Easy – me.  I’m an accountant.  I keep a separate excel spreadsheet of our budget and record all expenses on a daily basis.  I’m a lot more of a money saver and Justin is a more of a money spender.
    • he said: You
  • If you could have a second honeymoon, where would your wife want you to take her?
    • she said: Probably somewhere like Tahiti or the Maldives
    • he said: Paris (he knows me well.  I didn’t think of this.  I love Europe and want to go to all the major cities.  I love the history there!)
  • Which room is the messiest room in your house?
    • she said: Probably the living room with all of Carter’s toys all over the place.  But as far as dirt goes, I’d say the bathroom.  We don’t scrub it and clean mirrors and countertops as much as we should.
    • he said: bathroom
  • What did you have for dinner the night you got married?
    • she said: Good question.  I don’t remember.  We had a plate set aside for us so that we could eat together before heading into the reception, but neither of us could really eat.  Adrenaline, I guess.  But I know I ate some cheeseburger sliders and some fried rice (we had the biggest selection of reception food EVER).
    • he said: nothing really
  • How long does your husband spend in the shower?
    • she said: Depends on the day.  Most days about 30 minutes.  He’s such a girl.  I don’t even take showers that long!
    • he said: 20 min (BOLD FACE LIAR)
  • Which of the following Valentine’s gifts would your wife prefer the most:  a beautiful  bouquet of two dozen red roses, you offering to clean the house for a month, or a one hour massage given by you?
    • she said: Clean the house for a month (my love language is Acts of Service, what can I say)
    • he said: clean house
  • Who is the most patient in your marriage?
    • she said: Me
    • he said: you
  • When was the last time your wife went to the dentist?
    • she said: It was before busy season, so at least several months ago
    • he said: few months ago
  • What is your husband’s favorite breakfast food?
    • she said: chick-fil-a
    • he said: chick-fil-a
  • On average, how long does it take your wife to get ready to go out?
    • she said: About an hour or so
    • he said: 1 hour
  • If your husband could only have one of the following desserts, which would he choose:  Cheesecake, apple pie, ice cream, chocolate pie
    • she said: Cheesecake
    • he said: Cheesecake
  • On average, how much does your wife spend at the grocery store each trip?
    • she said: Around 120 or so
    • he said: 150
  • Who gets along better with the in-laws?
    • she said: I do
    • he said: you
  • Who was the first person you told about your engagement?
    • she said: Our answers won’t agree on this because when it happened we both got on the phone immediately.  I called my mom and sisters.  I think he called either Rob or Bonnie (his parents already knew).
    • he said: rob

So we are on the same page for the most part :)  That was pretty fun…kind of like playing the Newlywed Game.  Back to work for me!  LESS THAN THREE WEEKS PEOPLE!

5 comments:

Brenna Langham said...

He knows you pretty well! Enjoyed reading that!

Joy said...

So the shower answers CRACKED ME UP!!! So much fun... even if it is a few weeks later! Ha! =)

Ashley W said...

I loved your commentary!! I am gonna see if Heath will take the time to do this. I have a feeling we won't do near as well!

henning love said...

i love these posts because the guys answer is always straight to the point without lacking much detail where as the girls answer is a bit more flowery, just shows the difference between guys and girls

Laura Sue said...

I love this! Forget about it being for Valentines day! Maybe I can get Jackson to do it. & we're going to Tahiti on our honeymoon. We're staying in Moorea.

Archive