Monday, August 6, 2012

“House Divided” Engagement Party

This weekend, myself along with my friend Shelly hosted an engagement shower for our friends Carina and Justin that are getting married next summer.  Technically our husbands hosted with us and they did cook/run errands for us so they should get an honorable mention.

Anyway, being that football season is so close and that Carina and Yarbrough are huge football fans, even though they root for rivals of each other, we decided that a “House Divided” shower was appropriate.  I was so proud of the invitations I made for the event.  I don’t have a picture but the poem I made up for them said:

Justin and Carina are saying “I Do”

Let’s celebrate their engagement

And football season too!

Justin for the Tigers,

Carina for the Tide

Let’s help decorate their home

With some southern football pride!

Loved it!!  Anyway, we had such a great time with all of our friends.  Everyone dressed up in their team colors and brought gifts for the “house divided” couple.  Here’s a few pictures:

IMGP7293IMGP7295IMGP7297IMGP7298

We went all out on the House Divided theme!!

IMGP7302

The bride and groom

IMGP7306IMGP7316IMGP7324IMGP7319IMGP7326IMGP7328

This is Ashley and Brad.  They’re another house divided that is getting married in December 2012.

IMGP7330IMGP7303

We had so much fun at their party and I can’t wait until the wedding!

….and ROLL TIDE :)

2 comments:

Renee said...

Cute idea!

Heather, David and Delaney! said...

Thanks so much for your sweet congrats! I will def do some pregnancy post. I didn't start the blog until Delaney was about 3 months old and I wish I had a record of my pregnancy with her! Hope you guys are doing great and Carter is adorable!

Archive