Wednesday, May 30, 2012

#55 - Check!

Number 55 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to meet Baby Lobdell.  Tiffany and Trevor welcomed their first baby boy, Harper Benjamin Lobdell, into the world on May 28, 2012 at 7:13pm.  He weighed 7lbs, 4oz and was 20 inches long.  He is so incredibly perfect.  Tiffany had a long labor like me, actually, hers was longer than mine by an additional hour or so.  I thought my almost 11.5 hour labor was long!  The good news was that for the most part, she couldn’t feel anything.  Once it was time to push, she pushed for 30 minutes or so and he was here.  I’m slightly incredibly jealous. 

Since she didn’t have him until 7:13 and I was putting Carter down for the night, I decided not to go see them last night and waited until today.  During lunch, I left work and headed to Shelby to see the happy parents and this tiny ball of preciousness:

IMGP7036

Tiff was feeding him when I got there but I eventually got to hold him.  He slept the whole time I was holding him.  So adorable.  I have a hard time remembering when Carter was this small, and it was only 5 months ago!!!  The smallest Carter ever got (after losing weight after birth) was 7lbs 4oz, so I imagine Harper will probably drop below 7lbs but hopefully not for long.  I can’t wait to see him again!!!  Him and Carter are going to get into so much trouble together in the future :)  Congrats to the new parents!!  Love you guys!

0 comments:

Archive