Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday Celebration

On Wednesday, I turned 27 years old. It was a pretty awesome day. I got a gift from my in-laws the night before. They gave me a gift card to REI (best hiking store ever as previously talked about here) along with some Under Armour workout clothes. I also got a very hilarious card from my pal Lauren who lives in Seattle. Justin gave me the sweetest card ever that made me tear up a little bit. When I got to work I had two more cards on my desk. One from one of our administrative professionals at work and another from Melanie (referred to as "Mel Mel"). This year I got a lot of the cards that make noise/sing when you open them. I LOVE THOSE!!!! Melanie was sweet enough to give me pretty much anything that Bath and Body Works makes in Japanese Cherry Blossom scent as a gift along with making me a cake.

At lunch, myself and about 10 others went to eat at Cafe Lazio at Patton Creek. It was DELICIOUS! I'd only been there once before but I remember it being good then too. This time I had a Hawaiian Pizza Calzone. Very yummy! Melanie brought my cake to lunch and it was so good. It was chocolate cake with oreo flavored icing that Melanie made from scratch. She prettied the cake up with some pink icing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After work, I headed home to change clothes and head to Iguana Grill where Justin and I met all of our friends for dinner. After eating at Iguana Grill, we all headed to Oak Mountain Lanes and went bowling, where Melanie brought the remains of the cake for everyone to snack on. Seriously, I think I gained about 5 pounds on my birthday.

Photobucket

Devin and Mary Morgan

Photobucket

Lauren and Rob

Photobucket

Sam and the V-man. Shelly had to work so she couldn't make it :(

Photobucket

Wade and Mel Mel

Photobucket

Trevor and Tiff. They also gave me a fun singing card and a gift card to ABWA, the place where Justin and I go diving.

Photobucket

Me and Vaughn. Vaughn is OBSESSED with Justin's jeep and kept asking to drive it at dinner. We set him up in the driver side before heading to the bowling alley and he was in HEAVEN. He was really upset when Daddy made him get out :)

Photobucket

Tiffany actually took this. Devin does this weird thing with his leg when he's bolwing and Trevor and Rob are making fun of him while he was actually bowling. It was pretty funny because that was the ONE TIME Devin didn't do the leg thing.

I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog, but I've had to come to a halt on my P90X workout and running. I have been having this constant pain in my left leg and it feels like a pinched nerve. I went to American Family Care (which apparently was a mistake according to bunches of people). They took X-Rays and said it was an inflamed muscle. I've had a pinched nerve before and I swear that's what it is but whatever. The doctor told me to stop activity for a week and take the medication he gave me and if it doesn't get better he'll take an MRI. Needless to say, even if it doesn't get better, I won't be returning. But in an attempt to try to get it to heal quicker, I stopped P90X and bowed out of the UAB Dollars for Scholars 10K I signed up for this weekend (tonight actually). I'm planning on picking back up on P90 either Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'm almost done with Phase 2, so I only have 5 weeks left to be able to knock that off my 101 List.

Good Birthday though. I'm confident that 27 is going to be an excellent year for me :)

3 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

YAY for birthday's! Looks like it was a great one!!!

Sorry to hear about the leg!!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a stellar birthday! Sorry to hear about your leg.. I too had to stop exercising because I strained a muscle in my back a couple weeks ago. It sucks since I was finally in a good workout routine, but my back just has to heal. Ice, heat and advil have been my workouts and now it's finally feeling better.

Glad you liked the card!!

PS I do the SAME thing with my leg when I bowl and shoot baskets!! HAHA!

Unknown said...

pps How cute is Vaughn!?!

Archive