Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why I love April

April may very well be my favorite month of the year. Wait, who am I kidding. That would be December. I love Christmas too much. Okay, second favorite month of the year. And there are MANY reasons (no pictures in this post. Apologies)...

  • April 4th - Easter. I'm always so thankful this time of year, for everything. I know that the thankfulness is supposed to be at Thanksgiving and all, but Easter means so much more to me. I am so thankful that God has blessed me in so many ways. Naturally I am thankful for an amazing husband, a wonderful family, a great job, the food in my belly and the roof over my head, but around this time of year, I'm a little more thankful for one thing than anything else. My faith. I am thankful that I am thankful. Does that make any sense?? I am thankful that God put me on the right path many years ago and that I have never turned back, even in the face of some temptations. I am thankful that Jesus is a part of me and I am thankful that I don't think I've ever been to an Easter service where I didn't cry. I am thankful that I am thankful for Jesus. I think I may make a new tradition for myself this time of year. Every Easter weekend, I want to watch Passion of the Christ. If nothing else, this will remind me every year why I am here and who is the reason I am here.
  • April 6th - My husband's birthday. This year Justin turns 28. WOW. He's old. Unfortunately this year, Justin will be working out of town in Texas on his birthday so I don't get to see him, but me and his parents and sister and brother-in-law are getting together after church on Sunday at his parents house to grill some Mr. P's steak (mmmmmm....) and have cake! I love my husband so much!
  • April 15th - Do I need to even put an explanation here??? Well, I guess for reader's that don't know me that well, I probably should. April 15th is the tax deadline and the end of my busy season. I'm an accountant so January through April is my busy time of year where I work a lot of overtime and on April 15th, IT STOPS!!!
  • April 16th - Every year my firm gives its employees the Friday after busy season off. This is the first day that I get to do NOTHING and have no worries. Most people at my job have what they're going to do on this day planned well in advance, as do I. Unlike what you're probably all thinking, we are not going out of town. Justin is already out of town in Wisconsin for work and won't get back until that night, so it wasn't really worth it for us. Instead, my friend Tiffany and I are hitting up the pool ALL. DAY. LONG. It's going to be fabulous (it's the simple pleasures that please me). Justin will back in town on Friday night and on Saturday we're going DIVING!!! We haven't been diving at ABWA since before we got married and haven't gone diving at all since our cruise to Cozumel in October. It's long overdue.
  • April 19th - This is the day Justin and I started dating two years ago. Don't worry. We don't celebrate it or anything, July 25th is the only anniversary we celebrate from now on. But neither of us will ever ever forget when it all started :)
  • April 23rd - This is when we go out of town :) I have this Friday off work (during the summer, my job gives us every other Friday off - kind of a huge "thank you for your hard work for four months straight") and this is also the weekend of Bonnie and Andrew's joint bachelor and bachelorette party at the beach. A ton of us are going to Orange Beach for the weekend to celebrate their marriage on June 5th. Guess what else is that weekend??? MULLET TOSS. This will be my first. Is it bad that I'm this excited about it??? I cannot possibly express my anticipation for having my toes in the water, a$$ in the sand, not a worry in the world and a cold diet mountain dew in my hand ;)
  • April 28th - Marcie turns the big fat 27. I'm scared. I'm one more year closer to....dare I type it...THIRTY. Ugggghhh! Our plans for my birthday are low key. It's the only week in April that Justin is in town (for now at least) so I really just wanted to get all of our friends together and go to the Comedy Club, but there isn't a comedian scheduled that week. Oh well. Dinner and bowling with friends it is :) My friend Lauren Kelly once pointed out to me that I share my birthday with the late Saddam Hussein. Awesome.

And that's my April!

P.S. Anyone gone to google today? It says "Topeka" instead of google. Interesting...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And don't foreget April 18th-me and Trevor's wedding. Where you cried. And by the way where are we going to lay out because most pools don't open until memorial day!

Unknown said...

What a fun April! Not gonna lie, it's probably my least favorite month... Remember when I called you balling on Easter my first year out here?!???

EMBRACE getting older!!

Unknown said...

PS - I'm sure that my Mom wouldn't mind if y'all wanted to lay out at our house, just give her a call! She usually goes to the farm on Fridays but she'd let you come over even if she's not there.

Laura Sue said...

fun month! PACKED!!! My March was like that!

I noticed the topeka too... yes, interesting

The Langham's said...

Marcie, did Justin eat at Momma G's in Homewodd last night (Thurs.)? Judd and I were in line and I thought I recognized him there. If not, he has a twin. Since we've actually never met I didn't want to randomly walk up to him and say that I've read about him on your blog. Ha. If it was him, tell him he's famous. :) He was my first blog stalk sighting in real life. Ha. I hope y'all have a very happy and blessed Easter.

Justin and Marcie said...

Hahahaha...yes Abby he was at Momma G's last night with Justin Yarbrough (also went to Hoover) while I was P90X-ing :) I will certainly tell him he's famous. HA! Happy Easter weekend to you too!!!

Archive