Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Number 27...

Tomorrow is my 27th birthday! I have been a little resistent lately to becoming "an old fart" (call me crazy, but I want to be 26 forever), but 27 is growing on me. Tomorrow I am going to lunch with a group of my closest friends at work. We're going to Cafe Lazio at Patton Creek and will hopefully be sitting outside in some nice weather :) As of now, there's a zero percent chance of rain with a high of 65 which is kind of perfect!! After work, our close gang (us, the Lobdell's, the Williamson's, the other Morris', Rob and his girlfriend Lauren, Wade and his girlfriend, who I work with and will also be at my Cafe Lazio lunch, Melanie, and Devin and Mary) are eating dinner at Iguana Grill and then going bowling.

Lets talk for a minute about some interesting things that happened on April 28, 1983 and about the significance of the number 27:

  • I share this birthday with Jessica Alba, Penelope Cruz, Jorge Garcia (Hurly on Lost - who I absolutely LOVE), Jay Leno, Harper Lee and even the infamous Saddam Hussein.
  • This picture graced the cover of Rolling Stones Magazine the day I was born, which is funny because my sisters and I celebrated my 21st birthday at his concert at the BJCC, where I am fairly certain he was wearing this exact same thing:
  • 27 is the number 3, cubed. Had to throw some mathematics in there :)
  • There are 27 books to the New Testament
  • The number 1 song on the Billboard Charts on the day of my birth was "Beat It" by Michael Jackson
  • There are 27 bones in the human hand
  • 27 is the number of cubes in a Rubik's Cube
  • The sun rotates on its axis once in every 27 days
  • God creates Male and Female in the 27th verse of Genesis

Thought that was pretty cool :) Maybe 27 won't be too bad.

5 comments:

Laura Sue said...

oh wow thats interesting! you've got me sold on turning 27 but that'll no time soon. My birthdays next month but i will be staying 21 forever... 22 doesnt sound any fun... just old.

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday! I was pretty attached to age 26 myself, and 27 turned out to be just as great. I think you're gonna love it! You share a birthday with Saddam, my dog George shares a birthday with Hitler. I gave a shout-out to you in my post today. Pure coincidence it fell on your birthday! Hope you have a great day!

Volree Wade said...

Happy Birthday!!! Don't know if you follow him but here is Jorge Garcia's blog.. just for you:)

http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

Hey! Sorry we missed your birthday celebration tonight. We had every intention of coming bowling but Chase had gone in to work at 4am and I'm having some weird allergic reaction on my eyes. So needless to say, we wouldn't have been much fun and Chase needed to go to bed.
I hope y'all had a great time! Hopefully we'll be able to hang out again soon.
Happy Birthday!

Melis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCIE!! I hope you had a great day, sounds like you planned a fun one! I turn 27 in a week so I feel your pain! ;)

Archive