Friday, September 4, 2009

#39, #50, #52, #53, #95 - CHECK!

This will probably be a boring post because it has no pictures, sorry! I'm just trying to keep up with my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days. I'm knocking stuff off this list like there's no tomorrow!

#39 is to wear full blown make-up to work for an entire week. This is kinda dull, I know. But I'm not big into eye make-up, especially if I go workout or run after work because it takes so long to take off. So I've gotten in the habit of just wearing powder. This week I have officially worn eye make-up everyday!

#50 was to get my name changed on all important documents. I have already gotten my new social security card, license, changed my email address, changed all my HR paperwork at work, and gotten a new check card and checks (though I had to do that anyway since we joined accounts).

I mentioned this on my facebook a while back, but for those of you not on facebook, you may find this funny. When we joined accounts I asked them to send me some checks, but they never asked what design I wanted on them. Since Justin already had checks with Wachovia, they thought I would want his check design...which is the Auburn logo. So I literally got 8 books of checks in the mail with the Auburn logo on them. They got returned, needless to say, and now we have mountain checks.

#52 was to get our wedding gifts set up and put them to use. Suffice to say, it officially looks like stainless steel threw up all over our kitchen.

#53 was to finish sending thank you notes for shower and wedding gifts. The vast majority of our gifts came before the wedding and luckily I had already written all of those notes beforehand. When we got back from Hawaii, one of the first things we did was open gifts we got at the receptions. I wrote those thank you notes about a week ago, so we're officially done!

#95 was to watch one episode of The Bachelorette. I do not follow this show or The Bachelor at all. There's a few girls I work with that crack me up the day after the show airs because they talk about what happened and who was wearing what and why Ed's shorts look bad....I never have a clue of what they're talking about. Well, one work friend, Jaime Norris, who also did my hair and make-up on our wedding day, informed me before the wedding that The Bachelorette was going to Hawaii. So I set the DVR to record that episode so that Justin and I could see the scenery and where they went to see if we needed to add anything to our list of what to do on our honeymoon. Turns out, where we went zip-lining was where the bachelorette took one of her guys!

I love knocking things off this list. Something coming up soon is #37, taking a cruise in the Caribbean region. I've never been on a cruise before, so on October 22nd we're driving to New Orleans to leave for a cruise to Cozumel. I think it's going to be a blast because we're going with such awesome people. Justin and I are going with our friends (couples) Bonnie and Andrew, Tiffany and Trevor, and Sam and Shelly. Shelly seems to think that she will help me knock out #96, drinking a full glass of wine, while we're on the cruise. I'm not a big drinker and I don't like wine, so we'll see :)

0 comments:

Archive