Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Upcoming Trips

I am so excited to have three trips coming up in the next month! The first one doesn't involve Justin though, it's a girls trip. Myself, along with 6 other wonderful ladies are taking this girl...


to this place.....


for her BACHELORETTE PARTY!!!!

I am so excited for Lillian's weekend in New Orleans this weekend. The girls are taking the train from Tuscaloosa all the way to New Orleans on Friday. I unfortunately don't get to do that because I can't leave work that early. I am flying into New Orleans Friday afternoon. Interestingly enough, I leave about 4 hours after them and I still get there first! New Orleans obviously holds a big place in my heart since that is where Justin asked me to marry him. He proposed in front of St. Louis Cathedral and that was the first time I had ever been to New Orleans. Can't wait to see what the weekend will have in store for us!!

Next weekend holds yet another amazing trip for Justin, myself and our friends Bonnie and Andrew. We are all going to Maryland to attend our friend Dana's wedding. We fly into Maryland on Thursday night. The wedding is on Saturday the reception is very close to DC. All of us decided to stay in DC on Friday and Saturday night to do some of the tourist things!

On Friday we're planning on seeing this guy...


And also this building...


Saturday we're taking a tour of this....


And even better, this...

Since I started reading Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol, I have been getting more and more excited about our trip to DC. The book is based in DC and is about all the facts about the buildings along with secret societies like the Masons. We also plan on seeing the White House (which is two blocks from our hotel), the World War II Memorial, the Pentagon and the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence. On top of all the amazing sites we'll be seeing, we're also knocking out 5 highpoints! We'll be going to the highest point in the states of Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Washington DC.

The last, and probably best, trip of all three is our 4 day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. I only consider this the best of the three because of two reasons: 1) I've never been on a cruise so this is my first time and 2) it is also the first time for me to go out of the country.

On October 22, we'll be taking this boat...


To this place...


We're going on this cruise with 3 other couples: Trevor and Tiffany Lobdell, Bonnie and Andrew Hill (soon to be Hill that is), and Sam and Shelly Morris (no relation). I love all of these people and we consider them some of our very best friends and I can't wait to take this cruise with them. Pictures of all three to come soon!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You'll have a blast on your cruise! I'm going on my second one in November (my husband's first), and I am so excited! And I'm super jealous you're going to DC. I've been twice, but both times were when I was in high school. I'm ready to make another trip back now that I can appreciate things a little more. Have a blast on all your adventures and be careful! =)

A Bride In Boots said...

Um, I take offense to the fact that the cruise is favored over NOLA. Seriously, where is your loyalty? Just kidding love, can't WAIT to see you in the Big Easy!

Archive