Sunday, April 29, 2012

#88 - CHECK

Number 88 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to have Carter baptized.  We did this today, April 29, 2012 during the traditional service at our church.  The plan was to have the girls (Justin’s sister has twin girls) and Carter baptized at the same time, but the girls fell very ill and stayed at home.  So Carter was baptized all by himself with not one, but two pastors that we love!

I want to give a HUGE thank you to my friend Tiffany for videoing the service for me.  It was definitely something I wanted on video and even though you can’t really see what is going on the whole time, I think it’s a great video and I will cherish it forever.  Thanks Tiff!!!

Another huge shoutout to my sister Lindsey for using my camera to take pictures.  She’s a photographer and she didn’t bring her camera because she wanted to be Aunt Lindsey for once and not photographer Lindsey.  I totally don’t blame her.  It’s hard to enjoy things when you’re busy taking pictures the whole time.  But she agreed to take pictures with my camera.  Here’s some of my favorites.  Sorry about the lighting in some.  When the flash is on, the church lights cause the pictures to turn out an orange color for some reason.

IMGP6780IMGP6784IMGP6787IMGP6792IMGP6796

I love this picture so much.  I remember the last time Justin and I were standing in these exact spots with the preacher Don (the one holding Carter) and it was when we got married on 7.25.09.  It’s amazing how much can change in just less than three years.  God is so amazing!

IMGP6804

The Morris family

IMGP6806

The Morris family with Don.  We love Don so much.  He married Justin and I and also Justin sister’s Jennifer and her husband.  He was at the birth of the twins back in August 2011 and was also there when Carter entered the world in December 2011.  He is such a great pastor and friend to our family.

IMGP6808

This is my dad with Carter

IMGP6809

The Smith family (my sister and her husband and kids)

IMGP6815

Love this family photo of us!!

IMGP6817

After the service, our family and friends all came to our house for lunch where we had Zaxby’s chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, olive garden salad and breadsticks and fruit and crackers.

IMGP6823

Packed house!

IMGP6828

The cakes from Edgars.  The girls cake was strawberry flavored and Carter’s cake was chocolate flavored.

IMGP6842

Some of my favorite girls!  Carina, Tiffany and Bonnie!

IMGP6846

Carter with his great grandmother, Jo Anne Skelton (this is Debbie’s mother)

IMGP6860

Even though I don’t have as much time to spend with these little ones as I used to, I still love them like they were my own!

IMGP6869

Cousin lovin!!!

It was a great day overall.  We are so thankful for the family and friends that came out to celebrate this day with us.  This day was a HUGE deal for me.  I have my reasons for it, but raising Carter to know God and have faith in the plan God has for his life is my mission and I will do everything in my power to help Carter learn about Jesus and Heaven. 

0 comments:

Archive