Thursday, May 26, 2011

8 Weeks

**Actually written 5/12/11

How far along:  8 weeks

Symptoms:  Can we say CRAZY VIVID DREAMS?!?!?!  I had no idea this came with pregnancy but I looked it up and it apparently does.  I’m having the craziest dreams these days guys.  Anything from tornados to snakes in the bed to Matthew McConaughey.  Seriously.  Other than that, here’s my symptoms breakdown:  Still no nausea, about to have to get some new bras and go up a size, I’m out like a light by 8pm every night, and  I’m worthless around our house these days.  All of which can be summed up in two words:  Poor Justin.

Maternity Clothes:  Nope

Weight Gain:  Finally got a new scale.  Since my 5 week appointment I’ve gained 1 pound.  This depresses me.  I was wanting to go through the first trimester without gaining any weight.  My eating hasn’t changed at all, I eat relatively healthy.  I eat loads of fresh fruit and try to eat a vegetable every day.  I cut out lean cuisines and replaced them with whole grain turkey sandwiches for lunch.  I think the main difference is that I’m not working out.  Previously, I usually worked out 3-4 times a week and now I’m doing absolutely nothing because I’m too exhausted to do anything when I get home from work.  Hopefully this stage passes soon so I can feel like myself again and start exercising.

Sleep:  Sleeping great, but I do usually wake up twice to pee during the night.  Typically once around midnight and then again around 4am.  And then there’s those dreams…

Cravings/Aversions:  I have a theory on this.  I’ve noticed that some women say that during their pregnancy they craved pickles, or chocolate, or had aversions to eggs the whole time.  Here’s the thing I’m noticing.  I’m not craving any one thing in particular.  I think I do have cravings, but they’re for different things at different times.  This morning I was craving eggs so I made some.  Last night I was craving smores, but didn’t give in to that one.  The other night I wanted a sonic blast so I got one.  However, I don’t think these cravings are any different than when I had a craving for something before pregnancy.  If I see something on TV, I will all of a sudden want it, which sounds like pregnancy, but I did that before I was pregnant.  Not sure what that means, but I guess I sometimes have cravings….

Baby Size:  We’re up to a “large” raspberry:

Week 8

Gender:  No idea

What I Miss:  Having a productive day and having the desire to workout again

What I’m Looking Forward To:  May 20th appointment to hear the heartbeat

Milestone:  Won Ton is over half an inch long now and has eyelids.  The arms are lengthening and he/she can now put their arms over their chest.  Legs are growing too.

Who Knows:  The only additional person we’ve told since Justin’s family was Lillian, one of my friends when I lived in Nashville, who in response sent me an email showing me a purchase she intended to make for our Won Ton.  Behold….

 

TWSS onesie

Classic Lil.  Classic.  And no, pink doesn’t indicate that Won Ton is a girl.  It comes in blue and black too, this was just the one I copied.

Justin is planning on telling Rob this weekend because Rob doesn’t live in town but is coming in town for Melanie and Wade’s shower that is at our house on Saturday.  He wants to be able to tell Rob in person and I understand that.  I will most likely also tell Tiffany and Trevor this weekend.  They both knew we were trying and Tiffany is one of my closest friends and it’s getting too hard to keep this from her!!  And we’re dying to tell Wade and Melanie, but I don’t think this weekend is the time for them because it’s their wedding shower and I certainly don’t want to “steal her thunder”.  We’ll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Congratulations! You will be the best mom! I just wanted to ask you if you are planning on having a gender reveal party? A friend I work with had the ultrasound tech call the person who was making the cake for them and tell them what it was after they left. She made the cake and the icing inside was that color (theirs was pink, I am thinking yours will be blue). They had their whole family over, and they cut into and all learned at the same time :) Just a cute idea!

A Bride In Boots said...

I am so loving these posts! It's like going back in time. And that onesie has Baby Morris all over it. Hope you're still feeling well!

Archive