Wednesday, May 25, 2011

6 Weeks

Ok I know there’s been an overload of pregnancy blogs lately.  I PROMISE this blog won’t turn into preggo central.  It’s just that I’ve already written the weekly blogs from when I found out all the way up to week 8 so I’m just trying to move them from drafts.  Once all these are posted, I promise I’ll start talking about other things!!!

**Actually written on 4/29/10

Yesterday was a big day.  The devastation from the monster tornado that ripped through Alabama came to light as pictures and videos exploded through the internet.  I was finally able to get on the phone with my sister Lindsey to talk to her (her and my much talked about niece and nephew live in Tuscaloosa).  Previously it was only through texts because phones in Tuscaloosa were down.  It was so great just to talk to her and hear her voice to know that the family was ok.  She called me last night when Justin and I along with the Lobdell’s, our friend Sam Morris, and Ashley and Brad were at Thirsty Thursday watching the Barons play.  We were there to celebrate my birthday, which was also yesterday (could go down in history as the worst birthday ever).

On a lighter and happier note, as I was turning 28 yesterday, our little Won Ton turned 6 weeks :)

How far along:  6 weeks

Symptoms:  The frequent urination fairy has hit.  I pee every 30 minutes.  Literally.  It doesn’t help that I’m trying to drink more water.  I’m trying to drink about 2 liters a day, so that affects it too.  But I will honestly go to the bathroom, come back to my office and 10 minutes later, have to go again.  I’m having to take alternate routes to different bathrooms so that the same people don’t see me going to a bathroom that often and figure out that I am with fetus.  It’s kind of a pain, but I’m ok with it.  Also, the lady lumps have started hurting big time.  May be TMI for you, sorry, but they do.  I’m starting to sleep a little bit better.  I haven’t had to use Unisom other than in week 5 when I really could not force myself to sleep.  I have had zero nausea, which is fabulous.  I’m a little worried about getting sick on the plane on our trip to Rome/London though.  The websites and books say that nausea hits at 6 –8 weeks.  It’s a 10 hour flight.  I bought barf bags from CVS just in case. 

Maternity Clothes:  Not yet

Weight Gain:  None, but mother of pearl do I feel like a fattie!!!  Bloating has taken over my life and right now, it is more comfortable to unbutton the top button of my pants when I sit down, so that’s what I usually do.  I hope to God I don’t look as fat as I feel right now.  Haven’t gained a pound so I’m pretty sure it’s just bloating.

Sleep:  Much better these days, no Unisom needed :)

Cravings/Aversions:  Still none, at least not that I’ve noticed

Gender:  Don’t know yet.  I’m guessing we’ll know at the end of July

What I Miss:  Still caffeine, the kind that comes in soft drinks.  I want to chug a Sunkist so bad.  I still bring in caffeine though, because there’s caffeine in chocolate and let’s face it, this momma loves her chocolate, however, there’s much less caffeine in a piece of chocolate than in a Sunkist, so I’m good.

What I’m Looking Forward To:  Hearing the heartbeat at our ultrasound on May 20th.  Oh and friggin telling people!!!!  This is the hardest ever secret to keep!! 

Milestone:  Baby is 1/3 of an inch.  Eyelids are forming and hand plates have appeared.  Brain is growing like a “brain on fire” (wording came from babygaga.com).

Who Knows:  Justin and I have kept this secret to ourselves for the longest two weeks of my life, however, we finally broke down and told my sister Jennifer and her husband Jeff.  The only reason we did this was because they were in town for her baby shower in Tuscaloosa last weekend and I wanted to be able to tell her in person.  She appreciated it and she was very excited.  In addition to them, I have also told my HR coordinator at work (this was mainly to give a heads up that since Won Ton is due December 22nd, I’m pretty much out for busy season next year).  Also it helps just in case I have to call in sick a lot or need someone to know I’m at a doctor’s appointment.  We plan to tell Justin’s family on Mother’s Day which is the day after we get back from our trip.  Post on that to come soon :)

1 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Aww I remember 6 weeks! And let me tell you, the time FLIES!! Enjoy every second of it :)

Archive