Thursday, May 26, 2011

7 Weeks

**Actually written on 5.9.11

How far along:  7 weeks

Symptoms:  The frequent urination has let up a little bit.  It’s not too bad even though I feel like I’m drinking endless amounts of water.  While on our trip (which was when I turned 7 weeks) the fatigue set in big time.  It was hard to tell if it was pregnancy related or just travel related.  I’ll blame it on both.  Needless to say, I have really noticed fatigue recently.  The twins hurt like madness.  Sorry if that’s TMI, but they do.  Mood Swings.  Really, I should let Justin write an entire blog post on my mood swings.  This girl that never really cries….yeah she cried three times on the plane to Rome watching Harry Potter and Life As We Know It (that Katherine Heigl movie).  Also, while in London, Justin was getting so tired of me walking slow and he said something about it once and I literally just sat on the side of the street and started crying like madness.  I couldn’t stop.  Justin was embarrassed.  Emotions have completely overtaken my body.  It’s pathetic.  Still no nausea!!!  I hope that lasts.  I did feel pretty nauseous on the plane, but I think it was because we did a million circles because we got there early and weren’t cleared to land yet.  That part sucked.

Maternity Clothes:  Nope

Weight Gain:  None yet.  I told Justin we need a new scale.  Right before we left for our trip it said I gained a pound and I almost cried (see emotions symptom above).  But then I weighed myself this morning and it said I lost 2 pounds.  I think it’s lying.

Sleep:  Not too bad.  I need to desperately catch up to the correct time zone, but other than that, I’m good with sleep.

Cravings/Aversions:  Still none, at least not that I’ve noticed

Gender:  No idea. 

What I Miss:  Mountain Dew

What I’m Looking Forward To:  May 20th appointment to hear the heartbeat

Milestone:  We now have eyes, ears, knees and toes!!!

Who Knows:  We told Justin’s family on Mother’s Day.  Boy was that interesting :)  They literally had no idea we were even trying.  Debbie has even made several comments that she knew it would be a while before Justin and I ever had kids (one of these comments was at Melanie’s bridal tea at our church…during which I already knew I was pregnant).  So we went to church that morning because Gordon was doing the service since our pastor was out of town.  After church we went to Sumo for lunch.  Debbie decided when Jen got pregnant with the twins that she wanted to be called “Nana”.  I found a card at CVS that had a little house on the front and it said “Nana is where the heart is” and on the inside it just said Happy Mother’s Day.  So I bought the card and on the inside I wrote “Can’t wait to meet you in December Nana.  Love, Baby Morris.  P.S. You should probably go ahead and start making the Christmas stockings now that you need to make THREE!”

Debbie actually hand makes all of our Christmas stockings and when Justin and I got married, it literally took her almost a year to make mine.  So when Jen (sister in law) told us she was pregnant with twins, we told Debbie she should get a move on since she had to make two stockings.  So it was a nice little touch to add the thing about the stockings.  Anyway, so we gave Debbie the card and watched her open it and start reading it.  Literally, we saw her mouth to herself what I wrote 3 times before she figured it out.  Then she started whispering “oh my gosh are you serious???” like it was a secret we were keeping from the rest of the family or something.  She finally showed the card to Gordon and to Jen and Aeron.  Jen actually said she saw it coming, which surprised me.  I didn’t think they’d see it coming, but she said that since we got married late in life (we really didn’t, but in comparison to Jen and Aeron who got married in the early 20’s, we did) she knew it wouldn’t be long before we had a baby.

We went back to the Morris’ house and called Justin’s grandparents to tell them.  They were thrilled too but didn’t see it coming either because of how much we like to travel.  Afterwards we discussed the fact that Debbie will most likely need a whole nursery in her house and a minivan :)  I told her she should probably go ahead and register for baby stuff herself because she’ll need so much of it!

So now the list of people who knows include:  Debbie and Gordon (in laws), Jen and Aeron (in laws), my sister Jennifer and her husband Jeff, Carina (who gave me a HILARIOUS Mother’s Day card) and Justin Yarbrough,   and two people I work with (HR rep and my senior manager that I always work with so he won’t be shocked when I’m late to work or moody).  It feels so good to get this out so I can at least talk about it with some people.  I find myself having to be a home body to try to stay away from people so that I am not tempted to tell them!  Since my mom was working on Mother’s Day, we are having a lunch with her this Sunday the 15th and that’s when we’ll tell her and Mike and Lindsey and Jeff and Anderson and Lydia.  Anderson’s last tee-ball game is May 21st and I plan to go to that and hopefully convince my dad and grandparents to go so that I can tell them then.  That will be after the ultrasound anyway and we’ll be able to make it public then. 

1 comments:

Allison said...

I totally laughed out loud when I read the part about you balling on the side of the road in Rome. Poor thing! I remember all the mood swings and rushes of emotion. That should get better in a few weeks.
I'm glad you're feeling good!

Archive