Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Big Fat Belly 2.0 - 12 Weeks

How far along:  12 Weeks, 5 Days

Symptoms:  Symptoms have gone away for the most part, for now at least.  I have had to take a Zofran once or twice this week, but it was honestly preventative more than anything.  I could feel that I was about to get nauseous so I just took one ahead of time and it kept me from getting sick.  I still have to pee somewhat frequently but that won’t change.  The belly is baffling me.  Some days it’s like “holy cow you’re only supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant and you’re huge” and other days it’s like I’m not even pregnant. 

Maternity Clothes:  Still not needing them just yet.  I can still wear my normal jeans as long as I am using the rubberband trick.  Rarely use the belly band, but it just depends on the day and how bloated I feel and also what pants I’m wearing.  I have brought out my old size 6 jeans and can wear those without the belly band or the rubberband trick so I tend to do that because it’s the most comfortable, but I still wear the 4’s on those days above where it appears that I’m not even pregnant.  It’s starting to get warm outside and I never had a single pair of  maternity shorts when I was pregnant with Carter.  So I imagine that I will have to go buy some maternity shorts soon-ish.  Carter was born in December so by the time I was big enough to need maternity clothes, it wasn’t too hot anymore.  If it was, I wore a dress.  I also was working then so I got away with wearing dresses a lot.  Now a days, I doubt I will wear a dress just being around my house.

Weight Gain:  About 4 pounds (plus or minus a pound, depending on what I eat and when I weigh).  I’ve been at the hospital with my dad (long story but he’s ok) on and off for the past week and have been forced to eat crappy hospital food and there’s nothing relatively healthy about hospital food.  Hence the gaining a pound in one week.  However I’m still not even bothered by this which is weird because with Carter I was literally STRESSING over my weight gain.  At this exact day, I’m 11 pounds less than I was with Carter at 12 weeks 6 days.  And still even about 6 pounds less than I was the day I got a positive pregnancy test with Carter.  So basically, I’m pretty stoked about weight right now.

Sleep:   Sleep is good most days.  On the days it’s not good, it’s not because of pregnancy, it’s because of sinus infections.  I have this sinus infection that I have had since November.  Seriously.  I have been given antibiotics by my general doc twice.  The first time they didn’t really work so months later I came back.  That’s when he gave me a stronger antibiotic and a steroid pack.  That was also when I found out I was pregnant with this baby and my OB said no to both meds.  So here I am with a sinus infection that chooses what day it wants to make me miserable.

Cravings/Aversions:   None that I’ve noticed.  My eating is relatively normal these days.  I do think I crave fruits a lot more than I normally did.  It’s not too unusual though.  I ate lots of fruit before, I’m just eating a lot more of it now.  Thankfully the carbs cravings have gone away.

Gender:  Still thinking pink, but obviously will be thrilled for either.

Exercise Routine:   My exercise routine took a backseat this week with me going to the hospital so much to be with my dad.  I went from 5-6 days a week to about 3 days a week, which still isn’t bad.  It’s giving me some nice resting time.  But I need to kick it back up before I go from 3 days to 0 days!

What I Miss:  Nothing right now!

What I’m Looking Forward To:   The next appointment is our 16 week appointment and that will be May 18th.  After that is the big ultrasound where we’ll find out the gender and that will be May 30th.  And yes, we’re planning another gender reveal party.  I loved Carter’s gender reveal party and I am really excited to involve Carter in this party!

Who Knows:  Everyone. Now that we’ve had our 12 week appointment and everything looked great, we felt much more comfortable telling the social media world.  We announced it on facebook on Friday, April 18th (the day of our appointment) and put it up on the blog the very next day.

Pictures:  Here I am at 12 weeks 3 days (Easter to be exact):

IMGP0965

Yes, I need a tan.  Working on it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on your new addition! I don't blog anymore AT ALL (I miss it, but just don't have time), but I wanted to tell you that I'm expecting, too! I'm due June 10 with a little boy. His name is Oliver Bailey and we are pumped! I seriously can't believe you went on a trip overseas without your husband and didn't tell a SOUL that you were pregnant! I'm so impressed! I called my mom just a few hours after a positive pregnancy test! Ha!

Also, I know we had e-mailed back and forth about Crosspoint, and I wanted to tell you we've been going there and we love it! Such a great church!

Finally, since I'm no longer blogging, if you want to keep up with me, my InstaGram handle is "melissaannsmith514"

Talk to you soon and congrats again!

Fiona said...

You look fantastic!! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Oh and I was the exact same with my belly, feeling so big and pregnant one day (or even part of the day) and not looking pregnant at all the next. Now that I am 23 weeks (and as of about 20/21 weeks, the bump is definitely there and definitely a baby bump!! :)

Archive