Sunday, November 28, 2010

And The Packing Begins

We are now less than 3 weeks out from our trip to Africa. Tonight, Justin and I went ahead and converted what was once known as my "P90X room" into the "Africa room". We split the room in half, Justin's side and my side, and went through the packing list given to us from our mountain climbing guide. We wanted to go ahead and get everything together so that if there was anything we were missing, we could go ahead and get it. Number 86 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to obtain all items needed for Africa. I can't technically cross that off yet because even though we've officially purchased everything, some of the big items are in the process of being shipped, so I'll cross it off once we get everything and start packing it up.

Photobucket

See that red bag? We have to fit EVERYTHING into that bag and one other bag that is being shipped to us that is about the same size as that one (by everything I mean everything for one of us...so Justin has 2 bags and I have 2 bags). Also, that red bag is already 2/3 full because it has my sleeping bag and sleeping pad in it, so I'll be able to fit a few other items in that bag, but I'm banking on the rest of it, including the 60 Liter backpack leaning against the wall, fitting into the other bag that is currently being shipped. Given that we're packing to be gone for 2 1/2 weeks, this freaks me out. Fingers crossed...that's all I can say.

Also, we have finally decided which hotel we'll be staying at while in Amsterdam. There were two we were debating between, but finally chose the Intercontinental Hotel.

Photobucket

On an unrelated note, I felt it necessary to tell all my friends that Justin and I are not going to be sending out Christmas cards this year. It just seemed pointless to us because we're going to be gone so we (and by "we", I mean "I") didn't think it was worth it. So if you don't get a Christmas card from us, it's not because we left you out, it's because we chose not to send any this year. T minus 18 days people!!!

2 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

3 weeks away!!! I remember coming to your blog and the countdown being like 192 days... Now it says 17! Thats insane!

Samantha said...

In case I don't comment on your blog again before you leave--have a safe and exciting trip! The task of packing looks very daunting, I'm overwhelmed just looking at your Africa room. Best of luck!

Archive