Monday, November 15, 2010

Saturday with Anderson

I spent this entire past Saturday with Anderson and it was so much fun. Just him and me. Lindsey called me several days ago and told me that Anderson was watching tv while eating breakfast and saw the preview for the 3D movie Megamind. He immediately went into the kitchen where Lindsey was and this is how the conversation went:

Anderson: Mom! I want you to call Auntie M and tell her that she needs to go see this movie with me. I want it to be just like last time where I went to her house and played with the fish and went to the other movie. (Some background...the other movie he is referring to was Despicable Me. Justin and I took him to see that in 3D).

Lindsey: Well Anderson, your daddy and me were going to take you to see that. We were going to get a sitter for your sister and it would be just the three of us.

Anderson: I don't want to go with you. I want to go with Auntie M.

MELT. MY. HEART!!!

So on Saturday I met the kids at IHOP with Mom and Mike (another usual tradition when the kids come in town) and after we ate breakfast I got Anderson and we headed to the movies. Here's a few pics of little girl at IHOP:

Photobucket

She loves her Funny Face pancake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anderson is so adorable when he goes to see a movie. You'd think as young as he is that he would quickly get distracted, but not Anderson. He was glued to the screen the entire time.

Photobucket

After the movies, I took him to the McWane Center, another thing he loves to do with Auntie M. Here's some pics from that:

Photobucket

This is Anderson in the Hurricane wind machine. It creates hurricane force winds. He looked like he enjoyed it at the time, but later told me it scared him. I'll note not to let him do that next time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was EXHAUSTED when we left. We left McWane Center around 4:30 and in Birmingham, it's dark by then so naturally he feel asleep on the way back to mom's. But he didn't wake up, even when I pulled in the driveway and turned off the car. Even when I called his name and told him to wakeup. Even when I went to get mom to show her how badly I wore him out. Even when mom opened his door and unbuckled him from his carseat. Little man didn't wake up until mom literally picked him up from his carseat. He was so tired...

Photobucket

On an unrelated note, mom took little girl shopping (her absolute FAVORITE thing to do) and bought her a sweet little pair of bright pink cowboy boots from Target.

Photobucket

Pink is her favorite color. Just ask her. She'll tell you over and over and over and over again. God I love them :)

And my favorite part of the day...

I told Anderson that he had to eat his whole pancake at IHOP if he wanted to go to see the movie. His response was "I can't eat the whole pancake Auntie M. I'll get fat". Kids truly do say the weirdest things...

There are so many things I need to blog about and I truly just haven't had time. I'm hoping I will soon. I'm very ready to share my Big Oak Ranch experience, I just haven't had time to upload the pictures. It'll hopefully happen this week sometime.

3 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

Sounds like a fun Saturday! I would have been tired too!!!

They are so cute!

Jenny Strickland said...

You have an award on my blog!

Meredith said...

Looks like a fun time! The kiddos are too cute!!!

Archive