Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Song

They played this song today at church and I've heard it numerous times and I love it more and more every time I hear it. It reminds me of the bible study I'm doing right now, Plan B. The end gets me almost to tears each time I hear it.

Matt Redman "You Never Let Go":



My favorite part of the song is where he says:

"Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise you, still I will praise you"

This is pretty much what Plan B is all about. Trusting that God has a light at the end of the tunnel and that you WILL get there. I've experienced that wait before and it seems like it will take forever to get to the light, but it will happen, if you trust God. I think I get emotional when I hear this song because the most recent time in my life where I felt like this applied to me, I actually gave it to God and decided that He knows what is best for me way better than I ever will. I was so right to trust him and I eventually saw the light at the end of the tunnel. This experience only made my faith that much stronger.

So many people in the world are in pain for various reasons. Divorce, cheating spouse, death, infertility, addiction, jobless, etc. When we're in the midst of these troubles is when we need God the most, but for some reason, we think we can handle it on our own. It's not until we completely surrender control over to God that we start seeing the end of our troubles. We are so impatient and want to see results now. Matt Redman chose the phrase "for the heart that holds on". God wants us to hold on and wait for his timing. Quit trying to do things your way and let Him do it His way. Trust God. He knows what is best. And He never lets go. If you know someone that is having trouble letting go, pray for them because when we are incapable of giving God our problems, we tend to be angry and bitter all the time. Other people see this in us and steer clear of us, causing us to be lonely. The cycle will never end until WE end it!

Finally, he says "Still I will praise you, still I will praise you". Do we not all get so consumed in our problems that we usually STOP worshiping right at the time when we need to be doing it the most? We, as humans, are so self-centered. We'll worship God when things are good and then God throws us a curveball and we stop. Can you imagine what God is thinking?? I mean, we're basically proving to Him that we only love Him when He gives us what we want and when our lives are going according to OUR plan. We must praise him, even through the storms. BTW that last line is stolen from a song by my FAVORITE christian band, Casting Crowns. The name of the song is "Praise You In This Storm". Hope this helps you on this awesome Sunday :)

6 comments:

Allison said...

Great post! I love that song as well.

Jessica Warrick said...

joining you from Follow back tuesday...now following

A Bride In Boots said...

Cross Point ROCKS that song out just about once a month. Just sayin, maybe you shouldn't be a stranger...

Angie B said...

Stopping by from "follow me back tues" stop by when you get a chance

Angie B said...

Oh forgot to leave my link for follow me back tues: www.luvsavingmoney.info

Unknown said...

I'm a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday.
I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!
I have fun giveaways going on now, including one for an $80 GC to CSNstores.com!

Archive