Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wedding Video

After Justin and I got back from our honeymoon, we were so excited to see the wedding DVD had already come in. I watched it numerous times because it was so awesome and I kept saying to myself "one day I'm going to try to figure out how to break up this dvd into numerous video files and upload them so that my friends and family that don't live in town can see it". Needless to say, that was almost a year ago, and let's face it, I didn't really try that hard :)

However, I finally found some software that was able to do it and I am so excited to have figured it out!!! I had 8 bridesmaids and only 2 of them have seen this video. Justin's family that weren't able to make the wedding still haven't seen it so it makes me really happy to have finally figured out how to send it to people so that they can see it. Youtube (my personal video upload of choice) for some reason only lets me upload a video if it's less than 10 minutes long, so I had to break it up into several files for it to be viewable. I'll try to write about what is in each clip so that you don't have to watch the boring parts ;) Without further ado....

Pre-Ceremony:



At 1:53 you'll see us trying to use make-up to cover up a scar. I received that scar a couple of days before the wedding from attempting to help Justin iron his clothes. Needless to say, I do not iron clothes anymore :)

Ceremony Part 1 (includes seating of the mothers and grandmothers and entrance of the wedding party and bride):



Ceremony Part 2 (includes giving away of the bride, scripture reading by Bonnie Hill, prayer, vows, exchange of rings, and another prayer):



Ok this is the one I have to do some extra commentary on! You'll notice at about 1:15 that Rob, Gordon, and both of my sisters do a little chuckle. The reason for this is because Don (the minister) was supposed to ask Justin all the questions first. Justin and Rob convinced him right before the ceremony to do me first to see my reaction. They knew how much of a nervous wreck I was already and thought they might have a little fun. Nice. Don starts the first prayer at 3:15, and if you'll watch Justin's face, he keeps eyeing up at me and laughing. He is seriously completely shocked that I'm as emotional as I am and he's enjoying the heck out of it, so he chuckles a couple of times when he sees me sniffle and try my best to hold back tears, though because of the small video and quality, it's kind of hard to see. At 6:30 comes the funniest part of it all and the part that Justin and I STILL laugh about to this day. I was so nervous and emotional that I couldn't tell which hand was his left hand to put the ring on. You can hear me say "which hand? this hand? left hand? ok." and then Justin laughs. We get a kick out of it.

Ceremony Part 3 (includes lighting of the unity candle, final words by pastor, first kiss as husband and wife, presentation of bride and groom, and the exit of the wedding party):



And finally on to the more FUN part of the night!!! RECEPTION TIME!!!

Reception Part 1 (includes a quick glance at the food and decorations at B&A Warehouse, the leadout of the wedding party and the introduction and first dance of husband and wife):



I've said this before somewhere, but I'll say it again since new followers may not know. You can see in this video that the kinds of food we had at our reception was not what you see at a normal wedding reception. Justin and I are VERY down to Earth people and we wanted to show that in our food. We had mini-cheeseburgers, mini-corn dogs, popcorn, chinese, macaroni and cheese, etc. We wanted food that we knew people would eat at home while wearing sweat pants and a T-shirt.

P.S. If you're wondering what we danced to, it's Sister Hazel "This Kind of Love".

Reception Part 2..MY FAVORITE ONE (includes cutting of the cakes, greeting friends, speeches to the camera by some of the wedding party, THE GIRLFRIEND DANCE, and some more speeches to the camera by friends and family):



If you watch any part of this section of the reception, watch 4:30 for the Girlfriend Dance. I had my bridesmaids, mothers, and close friends learn a choreographed dance that we performed at the reception. It was awesome! Thanks to Lindsey Limbaugh for the idea :)

And finally, Reception Part 3 (includes some wicked awesome dancing by the bride and her maids and friends on the dance floor - what do you expect from a former dancer? Also more speeches from more family and friends and finally the tossing of the bouquet and garter and our exit):



The reason I love my sister Jennifer is at :25. And yes, when we're leaving people are throwing popcorn on us. It was a last resort. We were supposed to have sparklers but the horse got nervous around fire so my reception coordinator had to come up with something quick :)

I absolutely adore these videos, even though the quality of them on youtube isn't wonderful. Our wedding day rocked and I have my amazing family and friends to thank for that, oh and my awesome hubster too :)

9 comments:

Brenna Langham said...

Loved the videos! Glad you shared! I think my favorite part of all of the videos is Anderson apologizing for running down the aisle. Too cute!

It's amazing how those emotions suddenly take over you right when you walk down the aisle. Same thing happened to me. I was fine all day until then, and I suddenly became emotional.

Beautiful wedding!

Unknown said...

I just teared up no less than five times. I had NO idea that Rob and Gordon put the preacher up to that!!! It all makes sense now!

This is really something that you will treasure forever!

Love the Girlfriend dance! You have to show this to Lissa!

Allison said...

Great post and wonderful videos! I know you will cherish this video forever and ever. I wish I hadn't been pregnant and could have danced with y'all but I wasn't feelin' it at the time. That was such a great day and I'm still so happy for you and Justin. Your one year anniversary is going to be here before you know it.
Thanks for sharing the video.

A Bride In Boots said...

Oh man, I would have to go and see this five minute before a two hour meeting! I'm going to spend some serious time watching these bad boys tonight - can't wait!!! Can you believe it's almost been a year? Crazy.

Jenny Strickland said...

Loved this!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! We didn't get a video of our wedding... I thought my stepmom was going to do it but yeah... I can't trust her!!!

The Langham's said...

Marcie,

You made such a beautiful bride!!! It was so great to see you beaming with joy! Your wedding was beautiful. It was so fun to watch your special day and to see so many familiar faces. I loved Jennifer's dance commentary! Y'all are such special people. May you and Justin have many more happy memories to share with us in the future. Ha. :)

Jennifer said...

Being recorded with your eyes closed for prayer would be awkward!

Your dress is so pretty too, I love strapless gowns!

Rachel (Diary of a Recovering Chocoholic) said...

Happy Monday! I left an award for you in my blog!

http://achocoholicsdiary.blogspot.com/2010/06/little-something-for-your-monday.html

~Ashley Kimbrel~ said...

The videos are awesome! Def something to cherish! I can't believe its almost been a year! Hope you are doing well.

Archive